Design, tech packs, sewing-tailoring, draping, sales, embellishments and embroidery, pattern making, drawing, CAD: photoshop, illustrator, excel, microsoft word,. business-entrepreneurship, marketing, e-commerce, languages, inter-personal skills, empathic, honest, patient, determine, organized, responsible, fast-learner, pro-active, team player, independent worker, flexible, adaptable, respectful, detailed-oriented, passionate, ambitious, motivated, enthusiastic, etc.
Flavia Loraque, Fashion Designer.
Dual Citizenship: USA/Spain (EU)
FASHION DESIGN/ ENTREPRENEUR / TAILOR :
FLG (Flavia Loraque Goslin): Entrepreneur-Fashion Designer-Seamstress/Tailor.
December 2015 – Present
▪ Bespoke haute couture clothing.
▪ Custom-made fashion design and seamstress projects, mainly for female clients and special occasions.
AmericanImmigrant Apparel – Nouveau Design Holdings (Start-Up): Freelance Fashion Designer.September - November 2020 (New York, NYC, US)▪ Co-designed the new female's Spring/Summer 2021 line: Sketches, flat drawings, specs and tech-packs.
▪ Brand development: Logo, fabric, color, print and trend research.
Tory Burch: Freelance Sample Maker.
January - February 2020 (New York, NYC, US)
▪ Help the Embellishment design team with sample making, embroidery, hand sewing, etc.
▪ Preparing February Fashion Week. (Worked 14 days straight).
Saks Fifth Avenue: Tailor coordinator.
April 2018 - February 2019 (New York, NYC, US)
▪ Controlled 28 tailors and alterations quality for the men's wear department.
Weatherly Design: Seamstress-Sales Consultant.
July – October 2017 (Nantucket, MA, US)
▪ Tailored clothing alterations, such as: hemming pants, jeans, dresses, shirts, skirts, etc.; cutting sleeves, belts; changing elastic bands and zippers; making and sewing button holes, divers patches, hooks, snaps, etc.
▪ Worked with knits and woven materials; natural, artificial and mix blend fibers; and various types of fabric, such as: silk, linen, wool, leather, hemp, jute, cotton, corduroy, denims, cashmere, and gabardine.
▪ Tailored interior design and furniture slipcovers, cushions, pillows, drapes, bed linens, table tops, etc.
▪ Used a sewing machine and also sewed by hand.
▪ Creative projects included creating tank-tops out of t-shirts, copying an original prototype to create hand-bags, creating a jean skirt out from a reference image.
C’bos: Fashion Designer /Tailor / Stylist-Sales Specialist.
May – June 2017 (Geneva, Switzerland)
▪ Co-managed luxurious boutique with a team of four artists; managing displays, sales, and customer service during shifts.
▪ Designed and manufactured (using a sewing machine and hand sewing finishings) a women’s spring fashion collection, comprising unique pieces made of 100% natural fibers.
Sewing Peanuts (SP): Fashion Design / Entrepreneur: Co-founder and Managing Partner.
November 2012 – December 2015 (Barcelona and Madrid, Spain)
▪ Co-founded the Sewing Peanuts clothing brand with a partner; mainly targeting young, fierce, and elegant women.
▪ Managed and led the global operations strategy: created and executed the business plan; managed the selection of providers, the manufacturing, and international delivery of products; and co-lead the financial and digital marketing units (including the design, development, and positioning of the brand’s image).
▪ Co-designed and sewed the women’s fall-winter 55-piece collection; featured in over 7 fashion blogs, magazines, and events (including Joshelinee Garcia, who was wearing SP when she won the Miss Bolivia Spain competition in 2013).
▪ Organized and led the fashion show to present SP’s first collection, featuring 24 models, at the Hotel Rey Juan Carlos I, on June 28, 2013, in Barcelona.
▪ The Young Fashion Designer Fair selected SP for their fashion show at Hotel Puerta América, held on December 1, 2013, in Madrid.
Vanderbilt Gallery: Stylist-Sales Consultant.
July – October 2017 (Nantucket, MA, US)
▪ The gallery offers various products: paintings, clothing items, accessories (such as bags and scarfs), and jewelry.
▪ Single-handedly managed the gallery during shifts, including product tags and references, customer service and sales, and following up with clients’ orders and requests.
▪ Responsible for overall store image and setting up creative and appealing window and counter displays.
Outstock Belts S.A: Department of international trade (Belts, Trims, Accessories).
March 2016 (Barcelona, Spain)
▪ Created moodboards and techpacks for specific customers (International leading apparel and accessories industries).▪ Constant communication with clients and manufacturers.
▪ Organized suitcases for sellers traveling to meet specific buyers.
▪ Organized stock, storage, and updated computer data.
Opticas Tutusaus: Stylist-Sales Consultant-Cashier.
July – December 2015 (Barcelona, Spain)
▪ Managed cash register, overall store image and stock, product tags and references, customer service and sales.
▪ Provided styling advice.
Boggi Milano: Stylist-Sales Consultant-Cashier.
May – July 2014 (Madrid, Spain)
▪ Single-handedly managed cash register, overall store image and stock, product tags and references, customer service and sales.
▪ Provided styling advice, fitted clients, and took note of recommended alterations.
Kenneth Cole:Technical department for women's apparel.
September – December 2013 (New York City, NY, US)
▪ Updated data, measured samples, conducted fittings, took note of sample errors, created tech packs, responsible for communications with overseas factories and between departments (production, merchandise and design).
▪ Projects CATWALK: Interns created a design of their choice in any category (apparel, footwear, bags, accessories, etc.) for the Fall 2014 collection “Gypsy Chic.” Interns also developed a marketing plan to encompass the Kenneth Cole productions brand aesthetic and the socially conscious values of the Company.
Jose Castro: Fashion designer.
October 2012 (Barcelona, Spain)
▪ Designed for Jose Castro, a leading leather and fur finishing designer, who also provides designs for the global brand Desigual among others.
▪ Designed ready to wear apparel for both men and women, tech packs; technical flat CAD drawings; sewed; modeled for fittings; researched colors, textiles and trends; created mood boards; and tried out various fabric-treatment techniques.
Angel Schlesser: Fashion designer.
August 2012 (Madrid, Spain)
▪ Work together with Angel Schlesser, a leading Spanish designer. Designed garments, chose fabrics, styled fashion show, conducted fittings, took note of alterations and on one occasion I was asked to make the pattern and sew a top I designed.
▪ Helped prepare the Spring/Summer 2013 collection for the Mercedes-Benz Madrid Fashion Week.
University of Wales/Accademia Italiana: B.A. in Fashion Design.
September 2010 – May 2012 (Florence, Italy)
▪ Designed and manufactured a collection of women’s apparel and accessories, presented at the Accademia’s Fashion Show, 26 April 2012. Theme for 2010-2012: Body and Soul.
▪ One of five second-year students chose to work as a backstage manager during the rehearsal week and the Senior Fashion show, April 2011.
Ecole Supérieure de Coupe-Couture, Institut Velen: Professional Superior Diploma in Sewing, Pattern Making and Drawing.
September 2009 – June 2010 (Geneva, Switzerland)
▪ Completed the two-year course in one academic year.
▪ Designed and manufactured a collection, featuring various pieces, for the end of year Fashion Show.
COURSES AND CERTIFICATIONS:
▪ FIT: Fashion Institute of Technology.-Fit and measure models.-Professional pattern making.-Grading and fixing patterns.(New York, NY, U.S.A. October - November 2019)
▪ MOOD-U School: Advance Draping Course.
-Worked with instructor, fashion designer Benjamin Mach, on a custom project of my own choice.
-Expanded skills in the art of draping on the dress form mastered thus far.
-Realized a dream garment within the 6-week timeframe of the course.
-Draped muslin and transferred the final drape onto pattern paper.
(New York, NY, U.S.A. October – December 2017)
▪ Complutense University of Madrid & Museo del Traje: XI Fashion Management and Communication Seminar, ‘Big Data for fashion service’ (Madrid, Spain; March 30, 2017)
▪ BCN Activa: Youngest Businesswoman selected via competition to take part in ‘Mujeres Emprendedoras’, a program organized by the city of Barcelona to empower women entrepreneurs (Barcelona, Spain; May-August 2015)
▪ Complutense University of Madrid & Museo del Traje: IX Fashion Management and Communication Seminar, ‘Trends, Fashion today’ (Madrid, Spain; March 12-13, 2015)
▪ BCN Activa: Multiple Courses on E-commerce, International Trade, Logistics and Internet, Cost Management, Business and Financial Plans (Barcelona, Spain; November 2014 – February 2015)
▪ Complutense University of Madrid & Museo del Traje: VIII Fashion Management and Communication Seminar, ‘Fashion and the Digital Challenge’ (Madrid, Spain; March 28-29, 2014)
English (Native), Spanish (Native), French (Fluent), Italian (Fluent).
Design, tech packs, sewing-tailoring, draping, pattern making, drawing, CAD: photoshop, illustrator,