This policy details how data about you is collected/used/disclosed when you visit our websites and services or otherwise interact with us. If we update it, we will revise the date, place notices on Barefoot Student if a change is material, and/or obtain your consent as required by law.
1. PROTECTING YOUR PRIVACY
- We take precautions to prevent unauthorized access to or misuse of data about you.
- We do not run ads, other than classified ads posted by our users.
- We do not share your data with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
- We do not employ tracking devices for marketing purposes.
- We do not engage in affiliate marketing (and prohibit it on Barefoot Student).
- We do provide email proxy & relay to reduce unwanted mail.
- Barefoot Student links to third party sites - please review their privacy policies.
2. DATA WE USE TO PROVIDE/IMPROVE OUR SERVICES AND/OR COMBAT FRAUD/ABUSE:
- data you post on Barefoot Student, or send us directly or via other sites. Please do not post private data.
- credit card data, which is transmitted to payment processors via a security protocol (e.g. SSL).
- data you provide (e.g. email address, name, address, phone, fax, photos, tax ID).
- web log data (e.g. pages viewed, access times, IP address, HTTP headers).
- data collected via cookies (e.g. keyword searches and "favorites" lists).
- data about your devices (e.g. screen size, DOM local storage, plugins).
- data from 3rd parties (e.g. phone type, general location derived from IP address).
3. DATA WE STORE
- We retain data as long as needed for our business purposes and/or as required by law.
- We make good faith efforts to store data securely, but make no guarantees.
- You may access and update certain data about you by logging into your account.
4. CIRCUMSTANCES IN WHICH WE MAY DISCLOSE USER DATA:
- to vendors and service providers (e.g. payment processors) working on our behalf.
- to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
- to protect our rights, property, or safety, or that of our users or the general public.
- with your consent (e.g. if you authorize us to share data with other users).
- in connection with a merger, bankruptcy, or sale/transfer of assets to another company.
- in aggregate or summary form, as long as it cannot reasonably be used to identify you.