1184 Camino Biscay Chula Vista, CA 91910
Guillermo A. Castillo III
------------ (619) 606 - 8598
A self-motivated student seeking a paid internship position where I can broaden my knowledge and gain valuable experience in realms of politics.
San Diego State University, San Diego State, Ca Expected Graduation Fall 2019
Candidate for Bachelors of Political Science
Minor in Spanish
Minor in International Security & Conflict Resolution
Universidad Catholica de Avila, Avila, Spain July 2019
Study Abroad for the summer term
Undergraduate Coursework: Culture & Civilization, Spanish Mysticism
Chula Vista Learning Community Charter, Chula Vista, Ca June 2016 High School Diploma with honors and seal of biliteracy
University of California, San Diego Extension, San Diego, Ca June 2015 Undergraduate coursework
Special Skills & Qualifications
● Fluent in Spanish both written and oral communication.
● Broad background and knowledge of world affairs and cultures
● Capable of performing independent research and analysis of human behavior.
● Conducted extensive research focused on developing countries and societies.
● Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite software (Powerpoint, Excel, Word, etc.) and Apple iOS.
● Ability to respond quickly to changing circumstances.
● Functional Proficient for Statistical Package for the Social Sciences (SPSS)
Intern, Mayor of Chula Vista, City of Chula Vista, CA January 2016 - June 2016
- Handled constituents on a daily basis by providing accurate information to resolve concerns.
- Responsible for investigating ways to increase involvement within the community thru research.
- Interacted with the mayor and colleagues in various types of meetings.
Server and Sales Representative, Gold Coast Deli & Bagels, La Mesa, CA. August 2017 - August 2018
● Developed various negotiations skills by purchasing and costing out different products.
● Adapted to different personalities thru means of communication.
● Served as a communication focal point to a wide group of people from all walks of
society, as part of the management of the business.
SI Tutor Political Science, San Diego State University, San Diego, CA. January 2019 - Present
● Taught 12 individuals on the necessary skills in order to succeed in the course
● Developed various problem-solving strategies in order to improve overall course results
● Increased ability to communicate clearly, logically, and creatively.
Student Groups / Activities
Active Residence Hall Association Representative, Hall council/ RHA of SDSU
● Plan, organize and advocate for students living in the residence halls
Pre Law Society Advocate
● Encourage and develop connections with people in the political science field
Dr. Mikhail Alexseev ------------ University Professor, SDSU
Dr. James Smith ------------ University Professor, SDSU