Project management resume
This is my professional work experience - I also have a soccer resume if interested.
Stephen Paul Snyder
670 Saw Mill Road Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania 17055
Project Manager / Manager / Director
Outstanding leader, known for process improvement, reducing expenses, enhanced capabilities and the enablement of new software as well as new client and partners. Extensive experience across diverse industries which includes Sales experience.
HighMark Blue Cross Blue Shield - Camp Hill, PA October 2016 - December 2018
Senior Project Manager
• Managed the implementation two new clients, North Dakota BCBS and Wyoming BCBS, on to the HighMark platform. The effort involved 115 resources, over 42,000 hours of configuration and over 15,000 hours of customizations. The effort provided over 500,000 new members to HighMark.
• Developed and managed the implementation of a new Demand and Capacity Reporting Application for 8 Directors covering over 115 individuals. The effort lead to a 20% improvement with resource utilization.
• Developed and managed a new Resource Planning and Profitability Tool. The effort lead to an 25% increase in project profitability and a 50% reduction in time to plan.
• Managed the implementation of a new worldwide Medical Assistance Vendor. The effort lead to an improved and more cost-effective collection of claims worldwide. It was completed under budget and on time.
Pennsylvania School Boards Association (PSBA) – Mechanicsburg, PA August 2013 – October 2016
Director, Project Management Office
• Execution and Management of the Project Management Office (PMO) for the Insurance Services organization. PMO includes: Implementation and startup of the PMO, management of PMO staff and projects including to align strategic plans with PMO and Operational Key Results (OKR) Measurements.
• Managed cross-functional team through successful conversion of Bill Review and Re-price vendors. Effort consisted of migrating all business and electronic forms of doing business from one vendor to another in order to obtain significant financial benefits by expanding provider networks and reducing administration costs. The project resulted in over $900,000 in annual savings.
• Managed cross-functional team through successful implementation of a new package property and casualty line of business. The major objectives of the project were to improve customer service to our Insurers and Brokers; to enhance coverage terms and conditions; and to obtain greater flexibility in underwriting and pricing. In addition, to achieving all goals, the effort resulted in over $3,000,000 is annual savings.
AFLAC – Harrisburg, PA June 2010 – July 2013
Independent Sales Agent
• Commission based sales operating primarily within the Central Pennsylvania Region. State licensed to sell voluntary and supplementary health benefits as well as Life to employer groups or individuals. Responsibilities include all aspects of the complete Sales Cycle, Customer service and Client Management.
• Monthly Sales Award, January 2011 Rookie of the Month.
Capital BlueCross – Harrisburg, PA
IT Project Manager II July 1995 – February 2010
• Special Task Force – In 2001 Pennsylvania Blue Shield terminates the joint operating agreement with Capital BlueCross. Played a key role on a special task force to prepare Capital to become a full-service healthcare provider. Managed the coordination, communication and integrated project plans with external consultants, internal IT, internal business areas and external vendors. These actions allowed Capital to successfully disengage from HighMark in the timeline required.
• Managed the implementation of Care Management Software – As a result of the rapid disengagement from HighMark, Capital’s clinical staff grew very significantly (from less than 20 to over 250 individuals). A software product from Trizetto called Clinical Care Advanced (CCA) was selected and successfully implemented to provide Capital across all Care Management functionality.
• Managed the implementation of new Pricer/Grouper technology from Ingenix to achieve consistent and reliable claims review processes with claims adjudication, compliance and reimbursement. Efforts resulted in the reduction of claims review time, provided accurate and consistent pricing, ensured Medicare and Medicaid compliance, reduced administration costs and allowed Capital to aggressively pursue upgrade pricing methods. The project was implemented on time, on budget and resulted in over $5 million annual savings.
• Managed the implementation of an Enterprise Integration Application EIA) product required to comply with new HIPPA regulations associated with member and provider identification. This Service Oriented Product allowed Capital to avoid an estimated $3 million in mass programming changes and product licensing costs.
• Held Corporate Account Manager position for about 2 years - Responsible for all aspects of customer service between internal business areas and the Information Technology (IT) Department. Served as the primary contact with the Vice-President of Operations, Vice-President of Marketing and the Vice-President of Facility Management to initiate and justify high payback technology related projects. Responsible for providing advanced technology and process improvement consulting. To research and seek justification for Capital applicable technologies
Additional Experience prior to 1995
Morgan Distribution - Manager of Management Information Systems (MIS)
Bristol-Myers Squibb - Manager, Information Technology
Armstrong World Industries - Manager, Project Development Floor Tile Systems
Bloomsburg University – B.S. Business Administration, specializing in Information Processing
PA and MD State Licensed - Health, Accident, Life and Annuities
Principals of Project Management an Organizational Approach – Dick Manning
Human Side of a System Change – University of Wisconsin
Certificate in Quality Management – Philip Crosby
Statistical Process Control, Continuous Improvement of Quality and The Role of Statistical Methods
Speechcraft certificate – Toastmasters
Dale Carnegie Basic Course
Dale Carnegie Leadership Course for the Sales Force
Project Manager, Sales, account management, soccer professional coach, hockey, technolgy oreientate