Niki Cottrell Resume
Niki I. Cottrell
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelor of Arts in English Flagstaff, AZ Northern Arizona University May 2018
Honors: Dean’s List, NAU Lumberjack Scholarship
Year abroad in England—University of Essex
TEFL (Teaching English as a Foreign Language) and YLT (Young Learners and Teens) EFL Certificate
English Teacher Prague, Czech Republic
Magic Rainbow Preschool September 2018 – December 2018
• Creating and presenting themed lessons for students ages 3-6
• Worked with students in familiarizing them in the areas of gross motor, reading, writing, math, and art.
• Leading an Arts & Crafts club that provides the students the opportunity to come up with new ideas and ways of using their minds.
Service Desk Flagstaff, AZ
The Home Depot February 2018 –June 2018
• Handled online orders, including organization and collection of products for pick-ups and deliveries, as well as having performed cashier duties, including returns.
• Customer service, including contacting various businesses/customers/corporate in order to work out and fully take care of customer needs.
• Prepared products for customer pick-up as needed, along with setting up display items.
Intern Flagstaff, AZ
Program and Intensive Studies at Northern Arizona University January 2018 – May 2018
• Conducted and analyzed research on students learning English as a second language in order to apply such findings to the department’s own efforts
• Created an online English Proficiency Test for potential students from Korea hoping to qualify in taking courses through Northern Arizona University
• Researched previous public information and results on various English Proficiency Tests in
order to provide the team with a better understanding of past examples that have and have not been effective and their reasons
Editing and Social Media Flagstaff, AZ
The Tunnels Magazine January 2018 – September 2018
• Managed and ran the social media site for The Tunnels, with an emphasis on Facebook
• Editor on the poetry team, selecting poems to go in the upcoming issue of The Tunnels
• Edited submissions to be sent back for the writers to review, including advice or corrections
Store Associate Phoenix, AZ
In N Out Burger November 2013 – January 2016
• Greeted customers, performed food and drink preparations, busboy duties, and provided support to various job functions in a fast paced, high energy restaurant
• Processed customer orders, including handling of money and credit card transactions
english, writing, editing