MAUREEN FARRELL, MBA, PMP
89 Meadow Street xxx-xxx-xxxx
Tarrytown, NY 10591 xxx-xxx-xxxx
Strategic Planning and Project Management Professional with extensive experience leading strategic initiatives, operational efficiencies and process improvements across industries. Recognized for the ability to distill and synthesize information into viable business strategies, lead global, cross-functional teams and manage complex projects using agile and waterfall project management methodologies. Superior data analysis, process improvement and program management capabilities. Excellent vendor management, communication and problem solving skills.
OLAFE, LLP 2014- present
Project Manger Consultant
* Advising cloud computing business owners on business and operational strategy
* Identifying marketing strategy and growth opportunities to penetrate new markets
* Increased web traffic by 20% by enhancing marketing message and increasing brand awareness
* Creating client testimonials, value propositions and consistent messaging
* Identifying process improvements to sales and client implementation processes
STATE OF NY METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION AUTHORITY 2015- 2018
Strategic Planning/Project Management Consultant
* Consulted with the Office of the CIO to execute projects focused on integrating several legacy IT units into one unified group utilizing agile and waterfall methodology
* Led the creation of the MTA IT Strategic Business Plan to align with corporate goals and achieve $1+ billion in savings by 2020. Responsibilities included partnering with cross functional teams to understand business strategy, managing the efforts of other project managers and vendors.
* Directed enterprise wide business analysis and product development projects across multiple business units utilizing agile and waterfall project management methodologies. Responsibilities included creating product development specifications and user stories, liaising between business units and vendors, removing impediments, analyzing market research and stakeholder feedback to create product roadmap
* Managed enterprise wide process improvements projects focused on streamlining operations. Responsibilities included flow charting and documenting existing and future process states, identifying synergies and presenting recommendations to senior management
* Identified KPIs and metrics for strategic planning and process improvement projects
INFORMA INVESTMENT SOLUTIONS 2009 - 2014
Vice President, Strategic Planning & Project Management Office
* Led the strategic planning and project execution of a $50 million financial information services vendor targeting the institutional wealth management space
* Developed a process that aggregated customer feedback across the organization. Defined and implemented product strategies that decreased attrition by 15% per annum
* Directed global cross-functional teams to deliver integrated product offerings and customized client solutions. Project portfolio averaged 25 initiatives, 30 cross functional internal and external team members and 40 stakeholders.
* Managed all facets of the SDLC from inception through implementation utilizing waterfall, agile and hybrid project management methodologies
* Transformed existing PMO by implementing operational efficiencies that decreased execution costs by 30% while improving project success rates by 25%.
STANDARD & POOR’S 2000- 2008
Senior Director of Program Management & Strategic Planning (2005-2008)
* Identified and led initiatives to obtain new sources of revenue for a $500 million global capital markets information services division by partnering with business leaders to develop growth and cost reduction strategies for web based subscription product lines
* Created strategy to grow revenue by $7 million; led global client research to better understand how clients derive value from using Standard & Poor’s products. Enhanced product packaging, pricing structures and data value propositions to penetrate new markets.
* Led the business unit’s entry into the international fixed income data and pricing market. Coordinated the efforts of IT, sales, product management, operations and multiple external vendors while providing fixed income subject matter expertise.
* Improved operational effectiveness of business unit by evaluating the strategic fit of product portfolio, analyzing revenue trends, customer buying patterns and the competitive environment
* Managed the development of IT solutions within scope, timelines and budget while adhering to established guidelines
Director of Distribution & Marketing, Capital Market Services (2002-2005)
* Directed the marketing and product distribution efforts of a $160 million global fixed income and foreign exchange business
* Cultivated, managed and negotiated third party vendor relationships totaling $80 million in annualized revenue
* Grew revenue by $8 million in 18 months by executing the business unit’s first international strategic alliance
* Globalized business unit by creating and implementing a strategic plan redirecting a domestic business with limited growth potential to one that targeted comprehensive global solutions
Data & Product Manager, Standard & Poor’s JJ Kenny (2000-2002)
* Managed a staff of 20 responsible for the data operations and product commercialization of a $30 million municipal bond business
* Reduced cost by 60% by streamlining production process
* Managed the migration of products from legacy to web distribution
FORDHAM GABELLI SCHOOL OF BUSINESS, New York, NY
MBA Marketing & Finance, Omicron Delta Epsilon
HERBERT H. LEHMAN COLLEGE, CITY UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK, Bronx, NY
BA Business Management, Phi Beta Kappa, Magna Cum Laude
Project Management, Business Analysis, Strategic Planning, Business Process Management, Operational