Kelsey Walters Resume
Technical writer and editor experienced in communicating complex business-healthcare information to diverse audiences. Excels at collaborating with stakeholders and crafting standard operating procedures, process documentation, and impactful presentations.
• Program & product descriptions • Streamline project process • Presentations
• SME collaboration • InDesign proficient • User guides
• Standard Operating Procedures • Instructional design •APA style
Technical Writer, Contractor 2017—February 2019
➢ BioRad, Inc. | Plano, TX
• Wrote and edited software user guides for biomedical laboratory quality control testing products utilizing InDesign platform.
• Collaborated with Subject Matter Experts (SME) and Instructional Design team to create impactful adult learning modules, PowerPoint presentations, and participant and instructor guides.
• Key contributor to Agile project process model, which improved on-time project completion rate from 75% to 94%.
• Instructional Design team liaison for project kickoff meetings with developers and both internal and external Stakeholders.
• Developed PowerPoint presentations for both internal team education and external client education, including dynamic graphics, animations, and custom slide shows.
• Created new Instructor Guide Standard Operating Procedures utilizing InDesign.
➢ Bank of America | Irving, TX
• Analyzed technical jargon of data security access entitlements from owners to craft concise descriptions for universal readability.
• Crafted documentation for security access to software, applications, tools, document shares, etc.
• Presented individual contributions to QA team, sister site, and project leaders.
• Edited and proofread entitlements in QA analysis to ensure complete description accuracy and conciseness.
• Created and maintained spreadsheet tracking business acronyms for team use.
• Constructed precise master style guide to ensure accuracy and consistency in content.
Woodrow Wilson High School | Dallas, TX Spring Semester 2017
• Developed, organized, and implemented lesson plans for Honors English students.
• Explained complex literary concepts in concise and practical manner to hundreds of students daily.
• Planned, communicated and coordinated with peer faculty, staff, and parents to assist students’ academic success and support post-secondary education plans.
Teladoc, Inc. | Lewisville, TX April 2016—August 2016
Technical Writer & Clinical Communications Coordinator
• Drafted and edited key content for Behavioral Health and Sexual Health programs including: Charter, Program Description, and Policies & Procedures.
• Coordinated monthly Work Group and Quality Management Committee meetings.
• Collaborated in URAC accreditation process, interviewing subject matter experts.
• Managed SharePoint document coordination.
• Documented project process flows and user end guides using Visio.
Legacy Montessori Academy | Frisco, TX February 2016—April 2016
• Developed, organized, and taught creative stimulating lesson plans for children ages 2 to 5, to support holistic mental-social development.
Reliance Clinical Testing Services | Irving, TX February 2015—May 2015
Technical Writer, Contract
• Reviewed, analyzed, edited, and updated extensive standard training procedure and standard operating procedure documents for leading clinical testing facility, specializing in substantiation of safety and marketing claims for products including pharmaceuticals and medical devices.
• Collaborated with Quality Assurance, Clinical Research Coordinator, and Lead Clinical Research Technician to verify accuracy and currency of technical procedures.
• Drafted, evaluated, and revised documents for clarity and stylistic integrity.
Provista Inc. (A VHA Company) | Irving, TX May 2014—December 2014
Business Analyst Writer
• Drafted over 150 comprehensive monthly and annual reports of healthcare supply chain customers using BrioQuery, Excel, and Power Point.
• Drafted and edited client correspondences for healthcare supply chain management contracts to report revenue data, contract utilization, and active membership rosters.
• Coordinated and executed annual sales team meeting.
• Managed executive supervisor’s schedule and expense reporting.
Vanderbilt Medical Center | Nashville, TN August 2010—May 2013
• INSPIRE Study: Division of Allergy, Pulmonary, & Critical Care Medicine. Streamlined lab kit assembly process. Created marketing documents and content promoting study.
• END-DSD Federal Study: Performed daily assessments of subjects using MMSE form and Electronic Health Record, interviewed doctors and nursing staff, and video conferenced with multiple study location sites on project updates
Vanderbilt University | Nashville, TN August 2009−May 2013
Double Major: Bachelor of Arts—English
Bachelor of Arts—Public Health
Adobe InDesign, Microsoft Office suite, APA Style, Agile process, Adobe Acrobat (graphics and PDF editing & version control), Snagit, Stakeholder and SME collaboration, Visio, SharePoint, WordPress, EHR, Star Panel
writer, technical writer, communications specialist, healthcare writer, public health communication