Jovanna Briscoe's Resume and Ambitions
OBJECTIVE: To attain a position in a gallery or arts centered company where I can gain experience in the operational and business aspects of the arts world, while maintaining a focus on my own individual artistic process and learning new skills to hone my craft.
CUNY Hunter College Double Major: Studio Art/Political Science; Minor: Art History January 2018 – Present
• GPA: 3.8
• Studio Art Concentration in Painting and Photography
• Work Exhibited in February 2019 Pop-Art Show at the Canvas by Querencia Studios
• Assisted at the 2018 Member Induction at the National Academy for Art and Design
Vans: VF Corporation Floor Supervisor and Brand Manager October 2017 – Present
• Lead a team of 3 to 12 employees and maintain productivity, execute moderate operational procedures, editing Excel sheets of shipment, KPI’s, and training productivity.
• Train new members in management and associates
• Responsible for visual standards in store and executing monthly visual tasks; floor set, windows, and promotional signs.
• 3 Session Leader of the Month Awards: An award given to the manager that has proven to capture the highest productivity measurements in our business.
• In charge of handling physical money in the store including gathering deposits and ordering change.
Seasonal Sales Lead June 2017 – September 2017
• Awarded position for a well-rounded sales associate that exhibited characteristics of leadership, dedication, and team work.
• Responsible for leading sales sessions and the productivity of business in the store during these sessions.
• Coaching associates about performance with positive reinforcement and constructive criticism.
Sales Associate November 2016 – June 2017
• Maintain high KPI’s and standards by selling and pursuing tasks like; stock, visuals, and customer service.
Server The Bellport Restaurant March 2015– Present
• Providing exceptional customer service in a timely and efficient matter.
• Preparing the restaurant for opening and closing, including handling money and maintenance procedures.
• Guiding lower level restaurant workers in tasks and customer service.
Forever 21 Visual Associate May 2016 – November 2016
• Create and maintain the visual aspect of merchandising in the store with little to no instruction.
• Help and assist customers in their shopping experience.
Substitute Dance Teacher Stage Door School of Dance March 2018 – Present
Teach dance to multiple levels of students with a strong ability to adapt and change quickly from one class to another.
Conversational Spanish, Microsoft Word, Power Point, Excel, Film and Digital Photography, Basic Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator Experience, Oil and Acrylic Painting, Formal Drawing Technique
Dedicated, Ambitious, Adaptive, Individual, Driven