Edward Shabecoff Resume
Wesleyan University Middletown, CT
B.A. in Economics, History, Government. GPA: 3.6. Graduated May 2017
• SAT: 2240 (Reading: 760; Writing: 740; Math: 700).
• Honors: Distinction from the College of Social Studies for outstanding academic performance.
• Wesleyan Activities: Preceptor in the College of Social Studies. Cycling Team Captain. Alpha Epsilon Pi.
Dragonfly Capital Partners
Analyst San Francisco, CA
• Investment analyst at a leading $100 million dollar cryptocurrency fund. Winter 2018 – Spring 2019
• Evaluated for funding a range of new projects working on pushing the frontiers of cryptocurrency and blockchain technology.
• Queried Ethereum data on Google BigQuery to find daily average transaction value and gas costs on the Ethereum network by date.
• Prepared summit in Beverly Hills to educate institutional investors on opportunities in cryptocurrency.
• Compile and write quarterly updates for fund LPs.
SquareTrade San Francisco, CA
Data Analyst Summer 2017 – Winter 2018
• Designed ‘Entity Relationship Diagrams’ with LucidChart to represent connections between proprietary databases.
• Built out dashboards to report on key KPIs pertaining to payout experience and provide recommendations to senior level management on tackling major pain points in the customer experience.
• Wrote queries in SQL to monitor robustness of the claims process from end-to-end.
JP Morgan Asset Management New York, NY
Summer Analyst Summer 2015
• Compiled and research materials for ‘JP Morgan Guide to the Markets.’
• Participated in 6-week investment series on capital markets, asset management and investment planning.
Ashoka Washington, D.C
Summer Associate Summer 2014
• Conducted research on fintech for social impact and public-private models for the organization that pioneered the field of social entrepreneurship.
• Developed online engagement strategy for Ashoka’s Future Forward partnership with the MasterCard Foundation that identified and financed solutions to youth unemployment challenges in Sub-Saharan Africa.
Germinal Fund Middletown, CT
Co-Founder, Chief Executive Officer 2013 – 2015
• Co-founded nonprofit assisting low-income business owners through micro-lending and management consulting.
• Established lending framework utilizing partnership with Kiva Zip; fund named as local trustee. Responsible for evaluating client microloan applications.
• Organized marketing campaigns using online and physical media, canvassing, and public events; recruited 6 clients for funding from partnerships with local businesses, expansion grants, and angel donors.
Patricelli Center for Social Entrepreneurship Middletown, CT
Peer Advisor for Social Entrepreneurship 2013 – 2015
• Advised 10+ student entrepreneurs on 20+ business ventures including a startup incubator for ex-cons to reduce recidivism, a water conservation product looking to enter a new market, and a logistics app looking to build a team and develop a 6-month action plan.
• Technical Skills: PowerPoint, Excel, SQL, Salesforce
• Interests: Travel(33 countries across 5 continents). Cycling. Swimming. Photography.