Data Scientist | Program Manager
Arlington, Virginia |------------ | ------------ | ------------
I am a data scientist with extensive international business, logistics, and project management experience. I love to battle with challenges to find solutions and make the business process more efficient and effective.
• Python, SQL, Pandas, NumPy, Scikit-learn, Machine Learning, Matplotlip
• Tableu, Conda, AWS, Github, SQL, HTML, MS. Excel
• Project Management, Procurement, and Supply Chain Management, Leadership, Time Management, Teamwork, Conflict Resolution, Multi-tasking, Adaptability, Ability to work under pressure
• Languages: Dari, Farsi, Pashtu
General Assembly, Washington DC | Data Science Immersive Program | Feb 2019 - Current
Completed full-time, 500+ hours of professional training to develop real-world data science projects using Python. Developed projects individually and collaboratively, including:
Completed 35 labs and 5 projects, leveraging data science best practices to solve real-world problems, using coding (Python, NumPy, SciPy, Pandas, SciKit-Learn, Git, SQL) and data visualization (Matplotlib, Tableau)
• Real estate value prediction, Ames, Iowa: Cleaned and prepare the data, feature engineering and prepared for modeling, create regression models for the data to predict the values.
• Reddit Web API and Classification: Used an API to secure themed data, cleaned data to prepare for language processing, and applied machine learning models to distinguish the origin of a post given a model trained from two subreddits.
Lotak LLC, Herndon, VA | Managing Partner | July 2017 – July 2018
Started a real estate investment company, set up administrative systems and built a strong network of brokers, agents, and other business partners. Analyzed potential profits and costs, based on market research. Secured property and contractors and sold property at 25% profit.
• Real Estate Redevelopment/ Investment
• Analyzing the profitability of the deals
• Purchase the profitable real estate
• Negotiate and sign the contract with the contractor for fixing and upgrading the house
• Coordinate with the realtor to put the house on MLS and closing the deal
• Documenting the process including all transactions and preparing the Profit & Loss report for each deal
AGE International, Afghanistan & United Arab Emirates | Managing Partner | April 2012 – Aug 2017
Created a startup to provide logistical and procurement support to US and local vendors in the process of building infrastructure in Afghanistan.
• Direct and coordinate activities of businesses concerned with the production, pricing, sales, and/or distribution of products.
• Manage staff, preparing work schedules and assigning specific duties.
• Review financial statements, sales and activity reports, and other performance data to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and increased efficiency.
• Establish and implement departmental policies, goals, objectives, and procedures, conferring with organization officials, and staff members as necessary.
• Determine staffing requirements, and interview, hire and train new employees.
• Monitor businesses to ensure that they efficiently and effectively.
• Provide needed services while staying within budgetary limits.
HUDA Development Organization (NGO), Afghanistan | Program Officer | Jan 2010 – Feb 2012
Received contracts totaling $15M from the US Embassy in Kabul to build media centers for 6 universities across Afghanistan, in an effort to promote journalism, public awareness and democracy.
• Supporting program manager in projects implementation.
• Supervision of projects and staff.
• Coordination, regular contact and follow up with subcontractors, Universities’ deans and heads of journalism departments, Ministry of Higher Education authorities and other involved parties of Afghan University Media Operations (AUMOC) Projects funded by US Embassy in Kabul.
• Preparing construction and media quarterly progress reports for the client (US Embassy, Kabul).
• Event planning, preparation, and coordination (construction groundbreaking ceremonies, grand opening ceremonies)
• Basic Windows, Office and Internet training (for university students).
• Project inspections and reporting (to ensure the projects are moving forward on schedule and contractors meet their milestones on time).
• Office team coordination and planning for achieving target deadlines and objectives.
• Cooperation with media technical specialist to assess media equipment and select the appropriate vendor and products for the projects.
• General Assembly, Data Science Immersive Program, Washington, DC, 2019
• Certified Logistics & Supply Chain Management Processional, American Institute of Business & Management, Norcross, Georgia, 2014
• Sunshine University, Bachelor of Business Management, Kabul, Afghanistan, 2014