Certified Teacher in Secondary English Education
West Virginia (2009)
Master of Arts in Secondary English Education
2007 – 2008 West Virginia University Morgantown, WV
● Summa Cum Laude
● Golden Key Honors Society inductee
● Praxis Scores:
o Eng. Lang. Lit. Comp. Content Knowledge: 183
o Reading: 181
o Writing: 179
o Mathematics: 178
Bachelor of Arts in English (Concentration in Creative Writing)
2002 – 2006 West Virginia University Morgantown, WV
● Gamma Beta Phi honorary achievement society
● Nation Exemplary Scholars in Service honorary achievement society
● Sigma Tau Delta English honorary society
● Sigma Alpha Iota national, honorary, music fraternity for females
Tutor for Golden Voice English
July 2016 – Present Golden Voice English Toronto, Canada
● Teach English to Chinese elementary-high school students
● Demonstrate courses for new tutors
Owner/Professor for English Owl
June 2010 – Present English Owl Pittsburgh, PA
● Design and teach courses in preparation for SAT, TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, GMAT, LSAT, PRAXIS, literature and rhetoric/college composition for high school seniors, general composition, secondary English, creative writing, and essay composition.
Adjunct Professor for Wheeling Jesuit University
August 2012 – December 2016 Wheeling Jesuit University Wheeling, WV
● Design and teach new courses in literature and rhetoric/college composition for high school seniors to take in order to gain college credit as well as rhetoric/college composition for ESL students. While I teach at one high school, my lectures are broadcast to other schools in the area, so they may join in the classes.
● Perform duties of a dedicated writing tutor for Clinical Science class.
● Provide professional writing tutoring for Academic Resource Center (ARC).
English Subject Matter Expert for Edison Learning
December 2011 – April 2012 Edison Learning Pittsburgh, PA
● Design, write, and align educational materials, activities, lessons, and video scripts for English grammar/writing and reading.
Adjunct Professor for Penn State University
August 2011 – December 2011 Penn State University Pittsburgh, PA
● Design lesson plans and teach courses in English grammar/writing.
United States Representative for Moving Mandarin
February 2010 – August 2011 Moving Mandarin Pittsburgh, PA
● Head marketing and provide education consultations regarding program.
On-line Adjunct Professor
September 2010 – August 2011 MUST University Pittsburgh, PA
● Design and teach courses in English and English composition/creative writing.
Standardized Tests Tutor
June 2010 – Present Manhattan Review/Elite Pittsburgh, PA
● Meet with and provide personalized instruction to students based on learning level and ability for the GRE, GMAT, LSAT, TOEFL, & IELTS.
May 2010 – August 2011 Language Development Systems Pittsburgh, PA
● Teach English and educational techniques/strategies to Korean teachers.
● Teach English to Korean students K-adult including business English courses.
● Train and review fellow teachers regarding new ESL programs.
Head of SAT Program/Head SAT Prep Tutor/LSAT Tutor/Educational Consultant
October 2009 – August 2011 Total Tutor Pittsburgh, PA
● Tutor for the SAT and LSAT
● Teach study skills
● Manage/advise tutors in regards to educational techniques/strategies.
● Meet with/advise fellow employees in regards to educational techniques/strategies.
● Research tutoring companies and marketing strategies.
● Meet with fellow employees in regards to marketing strategies and future projects.
● Cohost the Total Education Hour on WRCT.
February 2009 – May 2010 Performance Results Corporation Pittsburgh, PA
● Provide support for the Project Management Center (PMC) at the National Energy Technology Lab (NETL).
● Research articles related to energy efficiency, weatherization, block grants, NETL, the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act, and the Department of Energy for use as reference resources.
● Provide and update information in WinSAGA, a systems approach to grant administration.
● Assemble division input and compile the “Weekly Report to the Secretary.”
● Proofread, format, and edit division documents.
● Organize mailings, contact information, and supplies within the PMC divisions.
● Update and distribute Key Personnel and in-office calendars.
February 2007 – February 2009 Kaplan West Virginia
● Presented onsite presentations and seminars pertaining to Kaplan Reading Empowerment and Lesson Bank (an educational software company) to teachers and site personnel.
● Collaborated with school personnel to ensure customer satisfaction through frequent school visits and telephone updates.
● Directly resolved implementation issues with Kaplan Reading Empowerment software.
● Provided instruction on the most appropriate software usage based on learning level and ability.
● Maintained software utilization, interaction analysis, and customer approval reports.
● Increased Kaplan training attendance through networking with teachers and previous attendees.
August 2008 – December 2008 West Virginia University Morgantown, WV
Taylor County Middle School Taylor County, WV
Bridgeport High School Bridgeport, WV
● Assisted fellow teachers with technology integration, troubleshooting, software installation, educational website design, and Smart Board usage.
● Designed an educational website to study student comprehension of poetry. Conducted research to determine educational impact of website.
● Designed daily lesson plans to be used by all student teaching staff.
● Taught English, reading, and honors English classes at the 7th and 9th grade levels.
● Designed lesson plan that was enthusiastically received and incorporated into academic calendar.
September 2006 – December 2006 West Virginia University Morgantown, WV
● Observed upper-level business class; provided daily feedback of the instructor’s teaching style.
● Edited research documents concerning business and technology in the workplace.
● Graded tests for the capstone class of Business and Economics majors.
English as a Second Language Tutor
September 2003 – January 2004 West Virginia University Morgantown, WV
● Assisted Chinese student in mastering the English language.
● Met with student bi-daily to review homework, discuss correct terminology usage, and explain the intricacies of American culture.
September 2002 – June 2006 West Virginia Board of Education Morgantown, WV
● Taught a variety of classes for Monongalia County’s after-school program. Classes included writing, anger management, and Spanish to Kindergarten through 5th-grade students.
● Wrote lesson plans.
● Trained other employees and volunteers on teaching procedures, rules, and regulations.
English, Professor, Teacher, Tutor, ESL, Writing, Curriculum, Educational Materials/Content