D Richardson Resume
DANA M. RICHARDSON
1220 East-West Highway, Apt #615, Silver Spring, MD 20910
Tel (Evening): ------------
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Dexterous capability to work on concurrent projects and teams
Excellent research/database maintenance skills
Poised, tactful faculty for compromise
High level of self-motivation requisite of both
team leadership and working independently
Exceptional written/oral communications
Datamining and data analysis expertise
National Association of State Workforce Agencies (NASWA)
Office Assistant June - October 2019
• Implemented reorganization of digital repository for all NASWA contracts/PTOs/PCOs. Served as main POC for maintenance of comprehensive company-wide contract filing system.
• Assisted with logistics, planning, and onsite execution of nationwide NASWA meetings.
• Catalogued/inventoried all UI ITSC equipment, spanning multiple grants and funding sources.
• Generated and proofread travel reimbursement forms for staff travel and routed to appropriate Director for approval and signature.
• Managed the review, tracking and routing for signature of all vendor and contractor invoices for internal and state-level approval.
• Took meeting minutes for NASWA Board of Directors- and various Committee meetings.
• Shipped and received mail for all departments and service areas, including processing of all out of state equipment shipments for remote employees.
• Researched issues related to unemployment insurance, WLMI, paid family medical leave and other pertinent workforce development policy issues.
United States Navy/Navy Exchange
Store Merchandiser, February 2018 - May 2019 2015 – May 2019
• Mediated with supervisor and HQ merchandising teams to ensure timely and proper delivery of promotional and regular stock items for department of $8 million sales volume annually.
• Worked closely with department supervisor/manager to plan floor displays; ensuring adequate stock levels, cohesive retail merchandising and proper stock rotation for continued customer satisfaction.
• Maintained proper 5S organization techniques and inventory management techniques to ensure backroom orderliness and timely product availability for sales floor displays.
• Mediated between customers and management team regarding pricing discrepancies and promotional product availability.
Warehouse Operations Clerk, February 2016 – February 2018
• Lead cross-functional $50 million warehouse Receiving team by providing a wide range of training directives on new receiving procedures to multi-lateral/multi-disciplinary store staff and other external stakeholders.
• Oversaw receiving and invoice verification of $1.7 million in jewelry purchase orders annually.
• Responsible for defining and enforcing proper confirmation-, annotation-, and archiving procedures for 12,000+ purchase orders and store-to-store product transfers annually.
• Monitored and resolved inquiries regarding the dispatch and tracking of product shipments, special orders and jewelry repair orders valued up to $250,000.
• Identified and escalated a $177,000 decline in department sales to senior management using business intelligence analytics to facilitate the introduction of more relevant and lucrative product.
• Coordinated and accelerated critical communications between HQ merchandising teams, other NEX branches and Distribution Centers to synchronize data analysis and verify arrival of flash sale product pursuant to increasing unit sales prior to scheduled sales promotions and price cuts.
• Expedited service delivery and mitigated errors in Receiving Department procedures by serving as project leader in designing and updating twenty (20) business systems, reports, procedures, new programs and technical correspondence relating to receiving/store operations.
Department Supervisor, August 2015-February 2016
• Provided work direction for eleven (11) associates within their assigned departments/ locations
engaged in performing various clerical, retail and services functions.
• Escalated advanced pricing issues and discrepancies between dual computer systems to HQ
merchandising teams to ensure continuous product sales flow.
Institute for Hazardous Materials Management, via NRI Inc.
Program Assistant January – August 2015
• Processed recertification applications for ANSI-recognized credentialing body of professionals in environmental-, public health and safety-, government- and national defense industries and fields.
• Ensured fluency and accuracy of data transfer-, and cohesive front-end user experience using automated systems during database/member portal system upgrade.
• Served as main POC between certificants and technical teams during and after an unexpected data breach to ensure comprehensive understanding of new application grading systems.
• Responsible for database maintenance/QC reporting for 16,000+ hardcopy/online member records.
• Successfully displayed courtesy and tact in demonstrating a faculty for compromise between co-workers and customers without sacrificing goals/escalating tense situations.
• Ensured that interactions with- and information provided to external stakeholders was accurate, professional and reflected positively on all organization directors, managers and staff.
Stop and Shop Supermarkets
Assistant Department Manager/Customer Service Representative 2006 – 2013
Basking Ridge, NJ
• Provided advanced solutions to customer inquiries, concerns and complaints from all store departments. Forwarded contentious situations to appropriate higher management team member in order to diffuse tension and mitigate conflict in a graceful and composed fashion.
• Retained responsibility of budget/resource/staff management and cash drawer auditing procedures for Front End Department of a grocery store branch with $11 million sales volume annually.
• Supervised analysis of all sensitive/confidential Western Union money transfer case files and applications to verify their completeness and accuracy met both company and federal standards.
• Enhanced efficiency of service delivery by defining daily objectives and scopes of work for each shift, developing recommendations for Front End process streamlining, and providing feedback on these matters in a collaborative environment.
• Consistently clarified team purpose by placing focus on team morale and forecasting long- and short-term goals for company-wide charity fundraisers.
• Successfully trained and provided guidance to two (2) rising Assistant Front End Managers and twelve (12) subordinate cashiers.
PC Operating Systems, Microsoft Office Suites 2010 and 2007 (Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint), Integral 7 (I-7), SharePoint, Data Entry, Internet
Security Clearance: Public Trust, August 2015, United States Navy
University of Vermont 2006-2010
Awarded Bachelor of Arts Degree in French and Political Science in 2010. Burlington, VT
Victoria University of Wellington 2008
Semester of study abroad in Wellington, New Zealand, continuing studies in International Relations and Philosophy. Wellington, NZ