542 North Church St, Charlotte NC 28202
My objective is to obtain an internship in the animal sciences field that will compliment my experiences with large animal rescue/care and animal sciences.
High School Diploma, North Salem High School North Salem, NY 9/13 - 6/17
BS in Animal and Veterinary Science, Clemson University Clemson, SC 8/71 - 5/21 (expected)
Four years of high school Spanish
OUR FARM EQUINE RESCUE
North Salem, NY
Junior Director June 2016 - Present
● Assisted with rehabilitating rescue horses for rehoming, training rescue horses under saddle, assisting with fundraising, educational, and public awareness events
● Strong leadership/management skills obtained by training new volunteers and overseeing maintenance and quality of barn chores performed by others.
● Marketing skills obtained by promoting business at fundraising events.
● Volunteered on average 35+ hours weekly during the summer and 20+ hours during the school year.
GOLDEN’S BRIDGE VETERINARY CARE CENTER
Golden’s Bridge, NY
Employee May 2018- August 2018
• Assisted and observed veterinarians and veterinary technicians in routine check-ups, dental care, and surgeries.
• Cared for animals recovering from operations and in the kennels.
• Learned to use various instruments and tools in the facility.
• Worked about 30+ hours weekly.
PEGASUS THERAPEUTIC RIDING
North Salem, NY
Volunteer September 2013 - August 2016
● Responsibilities included assisting instructors by leading horses or directing students during classes.
● Leadership and problem-solving skills obtained by creating unique learning approaches for special-needs children.
● Selected by Assistant Superintendent for Instruction and HR of North Salem School District to participate in problem solving video featuring Pegasus volunteers.
● Volunteered on average two hours weekly.
Responsible, self-motivated, leader, problem-solving, ability to work well in groups, detailed oriented.
● USEF Higher Education Equestrian Scholarship September 2017
● President’s Award for Education Excellence June 2017
● Community Service Hours Awards June 2016, 2017
● Bronze & Silver Academic Excellence Medals June 2016, 2017
• Sigma Kappa Sorority August 2018 - Present
● Women in Animal and Veterinary Sciences (WAVS) September 2017 – May 2018
● Training in horsemanship and hunter/jumper, equitation July 2013 - Present
● USEF Equestrian, Varsity Letter June 2015, 2016
Wildlife conservation, internship, prevet