Ambitious Youth Worker
Lowcountry Community Action Agency 2017-Presently Working
Family Service Representative
During the school year
JOB DUTIES 1. Recruit and enroll children and families to receive Head Start services. 2. Develop and maintain open channels of communication between Head Start, the family, and the community. 3. Inform families of Head Start services and promote parent engagement in all facets of the program. 4. Enter family data in program database accurately and in a timely manner to facilitate program services. Report needs of children and parents to appropriate content area specialists. Protect the confidentiality of all information. 5. Collaborate with community agencies to ensure that families have accessibility to services that support their well-being. 6. Provide training and education to families in using available resources and obtaining community services. Advocate for needed services in the community. 7. Work collaboratively with Teachers, Caregivers, and other center-based staff to ensure that children are adjusting to Head Start and are achieving positive outcomes. 8. Build relationships with parents and guardians that support parent engagement and ensure positive outcomes for children.
Lowcountry Community Action Agency 2017-Presently Working
During the Summertime
• Recruits low-income high school age students enrolled at the local high schools to be enrolled in program activities.
• Recruits potential training sites and implement training site agreement.
• Conducts orientation training for parents, students and training site supervisors.
• Secures the necessary documents to ensure program and income eligibility compliance.
• Maintains student files for each student enrolled in the program.
• Ensure that all information gathered is kept confidential.
• Monitors training site formally at least twice a week per program year.
• Pick up timesheets as well as deliver pay checks to the training site.
• Conducts and schedule enhancement workshops to help develop participants potentials to the highest levels of employment.
• Develops a variety of youth related activities both cultural and educational that promotes program objectives.
• Recruits motivational and inspirational speakers.
• Performs any other duties and assignments as deemed necessary by the program director.
Kelly Services 2017-2017
Oakbrook, Health & Rehabilitation Facility 2009-2017
Medical Records Manager/Hipaa, Privacy Officer
• Prioritize the Medical Records Department delivery of service to ensure services meet the standards of the facility and regulatory agencies.
• Interact closely with the medical staff, fellow department heads and administration.
• Manage the physical security and administrative controls of resident’s records.
• Conduct admission, on-going and closed medical records audits.
• Maintain all medical records binders to make sure they are updated and accurate.
• Ensure the physical security and administrative control of records.
• Take minutes at monthly Quality Assurance Meeting.
• Receives incoming requests for information and responds to requests by opening mail, assisting walk-ins and telephone inquiries, and retrieving facsimile inquiries in a timely manner.
• Validates requests and authorizations for release of medical information according to established procedures and HIPAA guidelines.
• Completes release of information requests including retrieving patient’s medical charts and returning charts, copying/scanning medical records accurately and correctly, according to requests, established procedures, and established standards of quality and productivity; and electronically transmits medical record to processing operations.
• Maintains confidentiality, information security and ethical behavior when handling all Company and medical records information during transport, storage and disposal.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision, organize workload and prioritize work tasks to meet production goals.
• Provide consistent and efficient operations of the medical records department and the facility units.
Southern Care Hospice 2007-2009
• Assist the Patient Care Manager and Patient Care staff.
• Maintain patient assignment list, make change notices on status of patients and log admission and discharge of patients into Medical Records book.
• Be responsible for receptionist duties and general office support.
• Verify accuracy of data entry from completed admission.
• File and keep medical records current.
• Print and distribute current census.
• Create information face sheets on patients and distributes to staff. Notify staff of discharges and change of status on patients. Maintain admissions and discharge records.
• Maintain on-call book with up-to-date information.
• prescriptions for physician's signature, until signed order is returned. In absence of Medical Records Coordinator, log and mail telephone
• Track Recertification Periods and alerts Patient Care Manager of upcoming re-certifications.
• Answer phones for receptionist during lunch hour and breaks or during absence.
• Participate in staff meetings, department meetings, team meetings, briefings, in-services, committees and other related activities as needed.
• Assure for compliance with local, state and federal laws, Medicare regulations, and established company policies and procedures.
Dorchester Medical Associates 2005-2007
Medical Office Assistant
• Greet patients with a smile.
• Answering multi telephone lines, greet patients/visitors, schedule appointments in a professional and timely manner.
• Responsible for establishing new patient packets and binders.
• Date entry of patient’s new insurances
• Collect late fees at check out window.
• Train new employees for front office.
• Insurance verification.
• Provide over-all administrative support to the front office.
Beta Technical College Microsoft Suite
Morris College Ext. Program Human Services
Ambitious, Eager, Experienced