DUTIES / RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides personal care/escort assistance according to the individual care plan (i.e. grooming, dressing, peri-care, showers, bathing, toileting, housekeeping, meal preparation/feeding, laundry) and reports observed changes in the participant’s condition to the interdisciplinary team.
2. Demonstrates safe practices, by utilizing proper body mechanics, adhering to universal precautions, and maintaining environmental safety.
3. Interacts and provides services to participants, families and interdisciplinary team, in a professional manner (i.e. encourage participation in conversation and activities).
4. Other related duties as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS (knowledge, skills, abilities):
1. Minimum one-year experience working with the elderly or frail population required. No certification required.
2. Ability to work independently and as part of interdisciplinary team.
3. Flexible to work in multiple environments including home or center.
4. Positive can-do attitude, conscientious, compassionate, thorough.
5. Basic conversational English skills required; testing may be required.
6. Bilingual may be required with ability to speak primary language to care for participant population; language testing may be required.
7. Able to translate/interpret basic information for supervisor/manager, participant and other caregivers; testing may be required.
8. Able to document care related items in Basic English (e.g. check off items on flow/monitoring sheets, simple words, etc.) on designated forms or electronic health record.
9. Physical requirements: Ability to stoop, reach, stand, walk, push, pull, lift, grasp, talk, hear, and repeat motions of the wrist and hands. Must have visual acuity. Must be able to lift/move weight that is within individual physical ability and use appropriate lifting devices or request assistance when needed.