• 15 years’ experience working towards the advancement of socially responsible programs with a unique ability to increase engagement and participation.
• Extensive experience in volunteer management, program development, multi-cultural engagement, and working with ambiguity.
• Exceptional leadership, interpersonal, and community outreach skills resulting in organic buy-in from staff and community leaders, producing sustainable organizational change.
• Volunteer Management
• Project Management
• Program Development
• Team Leadership
• Partnership Development
• Cross-Cultural Communication
• Training & Development
• Policy Management
• Client Services
OneOC, AmeriCorps Volunteer Infrastructure Program Lead
November 2018 – July 2020
• Promoted to VIP Lead during my 2nd term of National Service, which includes supervising and training 25 AmeriCorps Fellows in addition to completing standard program infrastructure.
• Created 75% of all “Urgent Volunteer Posts” during the COVID pandemic, recruiting 500+ volunteers who served 1K+ hours for 25 different nonprofits throughout Orange County.
• Developed a Service Enterprise Coalition in partnership with Points of Light:
o Recruited 10 members, consisting of at least one staff member from every department.
o Spearheaded Points of Light recertification process.
o Currently implementing new “Effective Training, Tracking & Evaluation” processes.
• Increased volunteer capacity by 900%, generating over $100K of in-kind and pro-bono service.
• Project Manager for 2019's CVCOC (Corporate Volunteer Council of Orange County) Event, consisting of 20 different projects over two days, working with 200+ volunteers from 17 different corporations.
• Implemented and trained staff on new Standard Operating Procedures for the internal Volunteer Program.
The Painted Turtle “A Serious Fun Camp”: Woodshop Program Lead
May 2018 – August 2018
• Programmed, adapted, and successfully implemented various projects and special events for over 2500 children with critical health needs, ages 13-18 years old.
• Supervised and trained 30+ staff regarding safety precautions and risk management.
• Developed, documented, maintained, and managed all aspects of the program and resources.
• Maintained and monitored resource and budgeting management.
• Updated the Woodshop Program policies and procedures as needed based on relevance.
Adventures in Learning: After-School Program Supervisor and Associate Teacher
August 2012 – January 2014
• Developed and administered After School Program for the 1st-3rd grade; focused on strengthening Critical Thinking, Problem-Solving, and Study Skills.
• Collaborated with parents to meet students’ individual future emotional and educational needs.
• Adapted to and engaged with all students in a positive, caring, and energetic manner, and re-structured classroom activities for summer programs, special events, and as needed.
RELEVANT VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
The Unusual Suspects Theatre Company: Volunteer Mentor
February 2020 – June 2020
• Advocated for a creative, supportive team for playwriting and theatre performance workshops.
• Exemplified discipline, enthusiasm, and willingness to take risks in ensemble workshops.
• Supported creative problem-solving and social-emotional development.
• Strengthened participants’ listening, critical thinking, and cooperative learning skills.
• Participated in reflection meetings to plan techniques for future program implementation.
• Amplified fun theatre exercises as well as warm-ups and reflective group discussions.
Projects Abroad (Kathmandu, Nepal): Caretaker, Teacher, & Project Coordinator
June 2010 – October 2010
• Cared for and taught over 150 children aged 4-18 at "Snowland Ranag School of Light."
• Pioneered “Life Lesson Program” for graduating seniors by exposing students to future employment and educational possibilities and preparing them for life after the orphanage.
• Showcased children’s artistic abilities while reinforcing positive self-image by fundraising over $1K for field trips and activities most children had never experienced.
• Collaborated with local teachers to strengthen the importance of education, literacy, and sanitation practices through hand-on lesson plans.
• Initiated new Standard Operating Procedures for onsite volunteer onboarding and orientation.
The Bali Children’s Project (Bali, Indonesia): ESL Teacher & Project Liaison
July 2009 – January 2010
• Developed and adapted various ESL lessons according to local teacher’s curriculum, for 11 different classes per week, for ages 3-16.
• Learned the Indonesian and Balinese languages for effective communication and engagement, which allowed me to maintain social relationships through local customs and activities.
• Collaborated with students, families, and teachers to design and paint a mural and execute a new classroom layout for an overflowing kindergarten class.
• Created social & emotional awareness of children with special needs by promoting their abilities with positive reinforcement, which created a more understanding view of said children.
• Generated positive experiences with locals, which improved their outlook of foreign volunteers.
• California State University Northridge: BA, Theatre Arts, Magna Cum Laude
Degree Received 2018
• Fullerton College: AA, Arts and Human Expression, With Honors
Degree Received 2016
• Saddleback College: Associate Teacher Permit
Permit Received 2010
OneOC, Santa Ana, Ca.
Received 2018 – 2020
• Service Enterprise
• Volunteer Management
• 3-Day Grant Writing
• Fundraising Fundamentals
Program Management, Youth Development, Project Coordinator, Program Coordinator, Volunteer Manager