LATHAN H. VERWOERDT
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, Class of 2020
Bachelor of Arts in History, Minor in Health & Society
Executive Office of the President Oct 2020 - Jan 2021
Operations Coordinator, The White House Management Office
• Instruct ed and trained staff regarding White House visitor procedures and protocols for official
• Coordinate d with U.S . Secret Service to designate access level of staff .
• Conduct ed vetting of individuals and businesses that take part in official business with the White
• Oversaw three staff assistants and provided assistance to them on their portfolios.
• Escort ed special visitors to West Wing for meetings with senior staff.
Executive Office of the President May - Oct 2020
Staff Assistant, The White House Management Office
• Collaborated with White House staff to determine the layout of their business card orders.
• Obtained access credentials for guests to enter complex for COVID -19 briefings , domestic policy
initiatives, and blood drives.
• Categorized and ensured the payment of Air Force One invoices for Cabinet Secretaries and
members of Congress.
Executive Office of the President May -Aug 20 19
Intern, The White House Internship Program, White House Visitors Office
• Assisted in the planning of special events on the White House grounds.
• Worked with and aided congressional staffers in organizing constituent tours of the White House
UNC Hospital Department of Microbiology and Immunology May 2018 - Mar 2020
Research Assistan t
• Conducted experiments to test hypothesizes regarding the transmission rates of HIV in primates.
• Organized and compiled microscopic photographic renderings of primate cells that are infected
with advanced stage HIV and SIV.
Office of United States Senator Thom Tillis Sept -Dec 2017
• Assisted in the day to day processes of Senator Tillis’s field office in Raleigh, NC. Spoke with
constituent s, completed passport requests, and helped facilitate communication within the