SKILLS & ABILITIES
Customer service: operated the register, was entrusted with monetary transactions, interacted with customers
Excellent written and verbal communication skills, quick learner, efficient, responsible, able to operate under pressure, adaptable, organizational skills, multi-tasking, time management
Skilled in using Microsoft Office Applications (i.e. Excel, Word, Outlook)
2013 – 2016 YMCA Afterschool Childcare Program Afton, VA
Leading and supervising children in physical activities, tutored and helped children with developing reading skills, social development, peer interactions, helped plan healthy snacks, organized and engaged children in activities, monitored and maintained a safe and sanitized environment for children
2012 – 2014 Love INC Augusta, VA
Worked in the warehouse, cleaned and sanitized furniture, lightfixtures, children’s toys, reorganized clothing and shoes, stocked shelves, customer service, organized and cleaned donations
2017-2018 Nelson County High School Horticulture Lovingston, VA
• Customer service, retail, operated the register, monetary transactions, operated telephone for transactions and questions regarding product and relaying accurate information
2018 Nelson County High School Cosmetology 1 Lovingston,VA
• Learned beauty care, customer service, learned basic analytical skills to determine proper makeup, hair styles and color application for the clients overall image, safety, professionalism, sanitation and disinfection of equipment and facilities, evaluated classmates performance and determined pricing structure for services
2019 Ulta Beauty Charlottesville, VA
• Organize and manage merchandise, engage customers in conversations on the phone and in person and assist them in finding information, products, and services that they require, clean and maintain a safe working environment, involved in monetary transations, greet customers in a timely professional and engaging manner, initiate service consultations by asking questions to learn the customer’s preferences and needs, provide honest and confident feedback to customers regarding products, ensured resets and planograms are executed properly and in a timely manner
2018 – 2019 Piedmont Virginia Community College Charlottesville, VA
1 year of Liberal Arts studies: English, Maths, Sociology, Children’s Health and Nutrition, Information Literacy (Microsoft)
2014 – 2018 Nelson County High School Lovingston, VA
Graduated with Standard Diploma
• Intro to Early Childhood Development
• Excellent written communication skills (grammar, spelling, punctuation)
• Excellent verbal communication skills
• Communicating via electronic media
• Excellent negotiation skills
• Absorbing, sharing, and understanding information presented.
• Respecting others’ points of view through engagement and interest.
• Using relevant knowledge, know-how, and skills to explain and clarify thoughts and ideas.
• Listening to others when they communicate, asking questions to better understand.
Retail Sales Manager
Edmond J. de Bary
Chemistry Infrastructure Manager, UVA