Starlette Peng Resume
Currently, a biochemistry major at Boston University with aspirations to become a general dentist. I hope, in the future, to educate the community about oral health and progress innovative techniques to provide affordable dental care.
35 Mount Hood Rd.
Boston, MA 02135
SAT with Essay
College Writing Classes
IB/AP US History
HL Psych/AP Psych
IB/AP World History
Assisting in Minor Periodontal Procedures
Eagle Soft Proficient
Atomic Emission Spectroscopy
Atomic Absorption Spectroscopy
Reduction Oxidation Titrations
Modeling Conjugated Pi Systems
● Culturally familiar
● Spent 1 month in Beijing studying rural dance on a scholarship
● Studied 4 years in high school
Starlette Tutoring, Winter Park - CEO and Founder
June 2014 - January 2016
● Graduated Young Entrepreneurs Academy in 2014
● Received the second highest investment funding in the greater Orlando area in the academy.
● Starlette Tutoring LLC provided affordable and accessible education through an innovative learning management software.
Private Tutor, Orlando, and Boston Area - Tutor for students from Trinity Prep, Winter Park High School, Windermere Prep, and Glenridge Middle School
June 2014 - Ongoing
● Past student got into Wake Forest
● TEAS, GRE- all students have gotten into Masters program or Nursing Program
● FSA, SAT, PSAT, GRE, TEAS, ACT, etc.
Organic Chemistry Lab - Lab Assistant
September 2019 – September 2020
● Familiar with standard waste protocols and management of reagents.
Fay Hu DMD General Dentistry, Winter Park - Dental Intern
December 2019 - Ongoing
● Assisting in minor cosmetic and periodontal procedures.
● Taking management classes along with Doctor Hu at MGE management experts.
● Using Eaglesoft as a management system to collect patient history, secure payments, and file insurance claims.
● Proficient in proper instrument cleaning procedures
● Helped sanitize rooms properly during COVID-19, followed COVID-19 protocols.
Jin Lab Research Assistant
December 2020 - January 2021
● Using the mouse as a model to help study alveoli lung disease.
Trinity Preparatory, Winter Park - Middle School
August 2014 - June 2015
Winter Park High School, Winter Park - IB Diploma
August 2016 - May 2019
● Advanced Courses
○ HL: History of the Americas, Literature, Psychology,
○ SL: Math; Spanish, Theory of Knowledge, Biology, Chemistry
○ AP: Calculus, Chinese, European History, Literature, Language
Boston University, Boston - Biochemistry
September 2019 - May 2023
● Advanced Courses
○ Quantitative and General Chemistry, Cell Biology, Calculus I,Cosmopolitanism in the 20th Century, Organic Chemistry, Genetics
● Sophmore Year
○ Honors in Biochemistry (GPA: 3.58)
June 2017 - Ongoing
Competitive tennis player from Winter Park High School (winning 7-2 in the 2018 season) and currently playing for Boston University’s Club team.
June 2004- June 2012
Competitive dancer with awards and a dance scholarship from PowerPac in the 16 and under category. Additionally was funded for 2 weeks to learn rural dance in China.
WISE (Women in Stem and Engineering)
September 2019- May 2019
Live-in-member of the Women in Science and Engineering society located on the 15th floor of Warren Towers.