Shannon L Grounds
SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER
Strategic, results-oriented marketing and design professional known for working within limited budgets to produce high quality assets, creative direction, and developing campaigns from concept to execution.
Creative Direction | Graphic/Web Design | Marketing Strategy | Content Writing | Team Management | Strategic Partnerships | Social Media | Content Management | Data Analysis | Project Management | Email Marketing | Technical Training | Paid Advertising | Branding and Style Guide Compliance
Microsoft Office | Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Acrobat, etc.) | HTML/CSS Google Analytics | Content Management Systems (various) | Email Marketing Platforms (various) | Social Media Platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, etc.) | G-Suite | Salesforce | Asana | Canva | Slack | Figma
CONTRACT – GRAPHIC/WEB DESIGNER AND MARKETING CONSULTANT
January 2017 – Present (Selected Projects)
ϖ Co-managed online/virtual bake sale event benefitting Central Texas Food Bank, including custom website design, auction preparation, design of 20+ graphics for blog posts and social media promotion, resulting in raising over $5,000 in only four days.
ϖ Coordinated multiple SXSW installations, including strategic planning, site visits, client communications, securing vendors, negotiating rates, and ordering all needed materials for a short turn-around, high-profile event.
• Designed brochures, presentations, information sheets, web page mock-ups, and reports for the Texas Education Agency Special Populations division.
• Created signage, listing presentations, brochures, and social media graphics for multiple residential real estate teams.
• Designed posters, postcards, and social media graphics for multiple theatrical productions, collaborating with Artistic Directors and playwrights, for various arts organizations.
SHREWD PRODUCTIONS - PRODUCING ARTISTIC AND MARKETING DIRECTOR
October 2005 – Present (Part-time, Project-Based)
ϖ Received feature coverage and reviews in all local print, radio, and online arts publications/broadcasts.
ϖ Awarded multiple grants, awards, and nominations for new play production.
• Coordinated, planned and executed season programming, serving as primary producer and leading all marketing efforts for award-winning arts organization.
• Managed all social media accounts, creating content and graphics for social, email, website and print marketing.
• Developed marketing and promotional plan for all productions, coordinating deliverables with contract personnel and media outlets.
• Negotiated contracts and sponsorship agreements with venues, publishing houses, sponsors, contributing artists and donors.
• Developed grant applications for the City of Austin Cultural Contracts division and other funding organizations
Hired and managed teams for all events including directors, designers, performers and support staff.
SHOPLC (AKA LIQUIDATION CHANNEL) - AFFILIATE PROGRAM MANAGER AND E-COMMERCE DESIGNER
November 2012 – January 2017
ϖ Managed affiliate program, increasing sales by 266% in the last year as Program Manager.
ϖ Increased program revenue from 300K before program management to 2.6M annually in 3 years.
• Developed and executed strategies to build affiliate marketing program and maximize revenue potential for ShopLC.com.
• Cultivated relationships with affiliates, identifying and forging new strategic partnerships.
• Developed marketing and promotional calendar, executing campaigns to drive affiliate sales.
• Analyzed affiliate data, creating reports on program progress with recommendations for continued growth.
• Negotiated ad placement spends with the highest ROI and determined advertising budget.
• Wrote content for ShopLC blog for holiday gift guides and special events.
CBRE, INC. - SENIOR GRAPHIC DESIGNER, WEB EDITOR, AND MARKETING S.P.O.C.
November 2006 – December 2011
ϖ Created marketing and pitch presentation materials nationally designated Best of Class in the nation.
ϖ Awarded national Golden Teammate of the Year in 2010.
• Served as the centralized marketing lead for the Austin, San Antonio and El Paso offices, providing primary graphic and web design services for all cities.
• Developed new business development materials in coordination with other U.S. CBRE offices.
• Trained new and existing employees via group presentations, online guides and one-on-one sessions.
• Ensured compliance with corporate branding standards and style guides.
• Managed the implementation of national marketing initiatives for the Central Texas offices.
• Bachelor of Fine Arts, University of Texas at Austin
• Continuing Education Courses in Graphic/Web Design and Project Management, UT Continuing Education Program and Austin Community College
• At least 3 years of professional experience as a Graphic Designer, and experience with social media and digital marketing
• Ability to design for, and write effectively for a variety of audiences and platforms
• Expert level in Adobe Creative Suites. Experience must include Photoshop and InDesign