La Habra, CA |------------ | firstname.lastname@example.org | LinkedIn
Whittier College | Whittier, CA Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy
National University | La Jolla, CA Bachelor of Arts, Philosophy
Whittier Union High School District | Whittier, CA
May 2019 January 2022
August 2019 to February 2021
● Facilitate science and math problems to groups of 5 to 10 high school students.
● Ensure students academic goals are being met on a weekly and monthly basis through assessment of
homework assignments and organization skills.
● Review math concepts with students on an individual basis.
● Establish healthy work environment and teamwork with various credentialed teachers.
● Lead alongside other AVID Tutors on daily tasks.
Tutor Zone | La Habra, CA April 2019 to September 2019
● Tutor 5 to 10 elementary and high school students--on an individual basis--on the fundamentals of
Algebra and English exercises improving academic performance.
● Customize and develop weekly session plans with students and parents prior to scheduled meeting.
● Process and record monthly payments and enrollment information into Excel database.
● Implement professional development programs for tutor staff.
● Evaluate students’ progress via weekly report cards and connect with parents if additional support is
L.E.A.R.N. | Whittier, CA
Youth Leader August 2017 to Present
● Guide 10 to 15 high students through Algebra 2, Geometry, and Grammar homework problems and
create personalized exercises to better understand concepts.
● Co-streamline a 6 week peer led academic program with 5 high school students that familiarized
participants about advanced placement programs and Calculus BC.
● Enter student information, progress notes, nutrition intake, and registration details onto FileMaker
Pro and Excel.
● Revamp and initiate weekly art programs that introduce primary colors, historical art figures, and
● Forecast program budget expenses and appropriate funds for expenditures to ensure operational
● Present program’s current and projected growth, activities, and initiatives to community partners and stakeholders.
Lead Tutor 2017 to 2018
● Trained two tutors on AVID learning techniques and rapport building best practices.
● Initiated cleaning schedule to ensure that the facility and equipment used were clean and up to code.
● Developed and facilitated ADHD training program on how to approach and teach all students.
California Foundation for the Performing Arts | Whittier, CA August 2017 to February 2018 Art Instructor
Created hands-on curriculum to incorporate Western artists and creative activities for a class of 25 to 40 elementary school students.
Supervised three staff members as they guided students through daily exercises. Prepared learning materials for students to follow along with the art lesson of the day.
Jumpstart | Whittier, CA
Youth Leader September 2016 to July 2017
● Mentored Head Start preschool students in their English language and literacy program.
● Received extensive training on pedagogical methods that focused on students’ safety and wellness.
● Engaged with 15 students via one on one and group settings to develop pronunciation, reading and
spelling skill sets.
Cambridge Education Institute | Walnut, CA May 2015 to January 2016
Assistant Program Director
● Established Medial Biology Camp program (MBC) at U.C. San Diego; a summer opportunity that
provided academic guidance.
● Coordinated industry specific activities that incorporated math, science, public speaking, and
English topics for high school students.
● Requested and allocated monies towards program activities and required materials.
Forest Lawn Scout Reservation | Lake Arrowhead, CA June 2015 to August 2015
Rock Climbing Instructor
● Instructed basic rock climbing equipment, commands, maneuvers, and safety protocols to student
● Confirmed and reviewed weekly itinerary and reservation policies during staff meetings.
● Enhanced students’ leadership skills through individual and team building activities.
CENTURY 21 Discovery | Fullerton, CA 2015
Broker’s Personal Assistant
● Partnered with marketing team to re-brand department’s webpage and social media platforms.
● Analyzed and reported trends in the market to better target and increase clientele base.
ON CAMPUS ENGAGEMENT
Dean of Students Office | Whittier College 2013 to 2014 Promotional Team Member
Worked in the Office of Dean of Students as part of the promotional team for Whittier College's Facebook page known as "WC the Rock." Responsibilities included attending school events, attending meetings where the team collaborated and came up with ideas to attract the student body's interest in the page, posted campus events and pictures from attended events on the page, and even planned events (hosted by Whittier College's "WC the Rock").
Whittier College | Whittier, CA September 2013 to May 2015
Writer September 2013 to January 2018
Volunteered as a staff writer where I mainly wrote for the "Campus Life" section about issues going on
around campus. Also, wrote for the "Arts and Entertainment" section where I have reviewed various concerts and CD albums. Have proofread and edited other writers’ articles, including my own. Additionally, took pictures of events, as well as attend weekly editor meetings to choose assignments.