Samantha R Brown
SAMANTHA R. BROWN
------------ │ ------------
Communications professional with 3+ years of experience in the field
and 5+ years of experience teaching and nannying for kids.
Marketing Assistant (October 2020- Present)
· Head writer for all Pet Assure and Pet Benefit Solutions marketing materials and blogs. Also in charge of content creation for social profiles like LinkedIn and Instagram, which I have started from the ground up. Within the first month managing Pet Assure’s new IG account, I have gained 300 organic followers.
Media Buyer (August 2019-August 2020)
· Worked with General Motors team responsible for maintaining clients’ ad schedules, budgets, and tracking for Buick, Cadillac, GMC, Chevy, and OnStar accounts.
Big Mountain Imaging Intern (February 2019-May 2019)
· Led the website planning process to stay true to Big Mountain Imaging’s branding
· Wrote copy, created site maps, and placed materials in wireframe
· Conceptualized display ad designs and television ad stories
· Managed clients’ social media accounts and tracked user engagement
Communications Program Intern (March 2018-May 2019)
· Spearheaded branding, social media, and PR efforts to promote the Communications department
· Grew Instagram account engagement by 600%
· Created the COMMunity newsletter; used InDesign to report stories, student successes, alumni interviews, and pop culture news; newsletter was e-blasted to all students and faculty in the Communications program
· Coordinated and hosted the Comm Awards (including a 10 day Instagram campaign), the COMMunity Launch Party, and a career talk and Q&A with famous internet personality Nicole Michalik
Public Relations Intern
Saffron Public Relations (June 2018-August 2018)
· Wrote and pitched client stories to online and print outlets
· Maintained spreadsheets with editorial calendar details, and publication status updates.
· Secured client coverage in top-tier outlets such as PureWow and Food & Wine.
Editing Internship (Spring 2019)
South Jersey Culture and History Center
· Worked with Stockton University to promote Southern New Jersey heritage.
· Used InDesign to professionally format and copy edit the book “Adventures in Idealism” prior to its publication.
Public Relations Coordinator (Fall 2017-Spring 2018)
Delta Phi Epsilon Sorority
· Managed social media accounts and promoted sorority events to foster community involvement
· Grew online engagement across various social platforms
SKILLS & TRAITS
· Intererpersonal skills
· Creativity · Organization
· Technologically literate
BA in Communications (Concentration in PR & Advertising)
Minor in Writing
Magna Cum Laude (GPA: 3.9)
Stockton University (2019)
HONORS & ACHIEVEMENTS
Awarded “Academic Excellence in Communication Studies” (2019)
Graduated with “Program Distinction” (2019)
Awarded “Excellence in Media Writing and PR & Advertising” (2018)
Made Dean’s Lists Yearly