Sai Kumar Samudrala
Sai Kumar Samudrala
2400 Somerset Boulevard, Troy, MI, 48084
• 3+ years of experience in the Food Industry with supervisory experience.
• Food Safety Professional certified in HACCP, , ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management Systems, ISO 22000:2018 (Elements of Food safety Management systems), Six Sigma(Green Belt).
• Outstanding problem-solving, analytical skills and ability to multitask.
• Working Knowledge of SAP, SPSS, MS-office.
• Master of Science: Food and Nutritional Science, 3.92 GPA December 2020
University of Wisconsin-Stout, Menomonie, WI
• Bachelor of Science: Dairy Science and Technology, 3.78 GPA May 2016
Sri Venkateswara Veterinary University, Tirupati, India
Related Course Work
• Food Quality • Food Analysis • Food Chemistry
• Food & Nutrition Policy Regulation • Basic Sensory Analysis • SPSS
Graduate Assistant, University of Wisconsin-Stout January 2019-December 2020
• Appointed as a Graduate Assistant for chemistry department for two years.
• Prepared required solutions for the Lab.
• Taught students about their lab which involves objectives, principle, and procedure.
• Monitored the lab work of students and solving their problems and grading the lab reports with corrective actions.
Food Safety / Quality Assurance Intern, Mountaire Farms, North Carolina May 2020- July 2020
• Reviewed current processes around HACCP documentation and verification, antimicrobial systems, reporting and connection to microbiology test results.
• Collected data for control points and charted them to trend information for HACCP Reassessment plans.
• Compiled data from sanitary dressing checks files which includes Monitoring implementation of line speed waiver and adjusting Machine Limits in Sanitary dressing program.
• Focused on an area that could impact reducing foreign Materials.
• Analyzed and processed map areas including live receiving through finished products.
Quality Assurance Supervisor, Cream line Jersey Dairy Products Limited, India July 2016-november 2018
• Maintained Quality testing plan and Documentation.
• Verified and Validated the process, Lab equipment to maintain regulatory compliance of the products.
• Compiled data and produced reports and metrics for various compliance and reported to Corporate.
• Assisted in the performance of internal quality and regulatory compliance audits and the evaluation and monitoring of corrective actions
• Participated in regular meetings with plant management to discuss quality improvements and provided feedback to production management regarding Food Safety, Quality, and product complaints.
• Resolved product complaints, maintained necessary and accurate documentation of records regarding the root cause analysis, corrective action.
• Trained and managed personnel to maintain high industry standards.
QA Intern, Sangam Milk Producers Company Limited, India January 2016- March 2016
• Inspected and ensured incoming raw ingredients and packaging materials whether they meet specification through quality tests.
• Rejected and documented non-conforming materials and notified appropriate personnel for corrective actions.
• Performed pre-operational inspections and release of equipment to operations upon conformance.
• Monitored safety and quality of raw and finished goods by monitoring CCPs.
• Verified labels on the finished product to ensure regulatory compliance.
• Reviewed HACCP and quality production records to ensure proper documentation of events by operations.
Quality Control Intern, Heritage Foods Limited, India. March 2016-May 2016
• Collected raw and finished product samples for quality tests at specified intervals and compared product test results are within customer specification to determine conformance.
• Conducted product analytical tests such as COB, MBRT, Organoleptic and Antibiotic Testing.
• Monitored GMPs on the Production floor and inspected finished product labels.
• Generated reports and Maintained all quality control record necessary for Food Safety Auditing.
• Participated in investigations and prevention of customer complaints.
Product Development / Research Projects:
Extruded snack project, University of Wisconsin-Stout September-December 2019
• Led the Product development project in developing a extruded snack with easily available ingredients like Rice flour and Cranberry Pomace.
• Formulated according to the desired taste and performed cost-analysis of the final product.
Biodegradable packing material, University of Wisconsin-Stout January- April 2019
• Developed a biodegradable packing material using corn starch and glycerol.
• Assisted in ingredient and composition selection based on the requirements and conducted physical and chemical studies.
• Currently working as a Senator of International Relations.
• Participated in National Dairy Quiz Competition in SMC college at Gujarat in 2015-2016.