Resume - Steven Salazar
Cudahy, CA • ------------ •------------ • LinkedIn: ------------
Motivated college student with strong teamworking skills, communication skills gained through organization and work experience, strong interpersonal skills, and an interest in a finance position.
California State University, Long Beach Graduation Date: May 2021
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration GPA: 3.54
Dean’s List Honoree
Corporate Mentorship Program 1st Place Leadership Retreat Business Case Study (CFO within our group)
International Collegiate Business Strategy Competition (Company CEO)
Seasonal Associate, Zumiez, Cerritos, CA July 2019-September 2019
• Enhanced customer satisfaction by attending to customers various needs and wants and providing alternate solutions when needed.
• Demonstrated strong customer service with 20 customers per hour and in upwards of 100 per shift.
• Helped maintain stock, clothing area, and shoe section in order to ensure customer satisfaction.
Paid Field Worker, Josh Lowenthal for State Assembly, Seal Beach, CA September 2018-November 2018
• Engage in Voter Contact by communicating with potential voters’ interest in candidate and work to persuade their opinion.
• Strategically utilized various techniques and enhanced negotiating skills.
• Took initiative and reached out to over 600 people through phone correspondence and in person to increase numbers.
HSI Director, College Democrats of America September 2020-Present
• Direct and coordinate club membership efforts of over 500 Hispanic Serving Institutions in the nation.
• Help charter new clubs in schools without presence as well as focusing on membership retention in schools with a presence.
• Work with individual club leaders to create strategic plans they can take back to their respective schools.
President, CSULB College Democrats, CSULB August 2019-August 2020
• Lead organization in all matters involving political, financial, and club success.
• Ensure club success in the many semesters to come through use of connections and connecting with other clubs and orgs on campus.
• Work to raise organization by coordinating fundraising events and garnering donations to ensure the financial survival of the club by trimming costs as well as oversee a several thousand-dollar budget.
• Gained knowledge in management and leadership skills by leading club through several hardships.
Political Director, CSULB College Democrats, CSULB September 2018-May 2019
• Work to engage students in the political process and connect clubs with political individuals and organizations.
• Helped oversee an increase in club finances by over 100%
Vice President, Beachside College Dorms, CSULB September 2019-May 2020
• Help lead college dorm with a 600-student community.
• Work with board to create and accomplish different events for the college community to ensure student satisfaction and student unity with in upwards of 100 student turnout for several events.
Fundraising Chair, Financial Management Association, CSULB August 2019-December 2019
• Successfully raised funds for 50-member finance club through email and in-person networking.
• Acquire sponsorships from companies and organizations to raise our club outreach.
• Helped acquire several multi hundred-dollar donations by reaching out to various companies by email and phone call.
Member, Student Center for Professional development, CSULB January 2019-May 2020
• Corporate Mentorship Program: Selected from amongst 250 applicants. Paired with a senior level professional for one academic year. Participated in Leadership Retreat and won 1st place in business case study.
• Junior Mentoring Program: Selected from amongst 150 applicants. Paired with young professional for one semester.
• Microsoft Office Proficiency: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
• Ability to handle various projects and meet tight deadlines.
• Interpersonal Skills (Customer Service Experience/Team Experience)
• Coordinating and overseeing projects and events (Club and Org. Board Experience)