William Tate Schmergel
(720) 219 - 4951 / ------------ / ------------
University of Southern California - Expected Graduation: May 2023
B.A. in: International Relations, Global Business (Specialty in global marketing) & French, minor in Real Estate Finance (GPA: 3.75 as of March 2021)
New York University
Completed two four-credit courses in New York City history and food journalism over six weeks (Final GPA: 3.65)
Kent Denver School
Graduated Cum Laude (Final GPA: 4.023)
Infinity Home Collection, Denver, CO (March, 2021-Present)
• Head re-branding effort to merge commercial and residential real estate conglomerates.
• Analyze the market to strategize the company’s new brand; modernize Infinity’s digital presence.
The Tick Chicks, Los Angeles, CA (March, 2021-Present)
Digital Media Intern
• Direct and implement research to improve strategy and digital presence.
• Manage logistics and facilitate communication between affiliate health brands.
The MASH Magazine, Los Angeles, CA (April, 2020-Present)
Co-Founder, Co- Editor-in-Chief, and Photographer
• Lead team of writers, staff, and contributors of fashion and business publication.
• Creatively direct, develop structure, and act as the link between the 6 sections of the magazine.
Portrait Photographer, Denver, CO and Los Angeles, CA (June, 2014-Present)
Independent Contractor ‒ Website: ------------
• Develop and grow brand through social media and outreach; Contract with businesses and individuals to curate tailored packages. • Photograph portraits, sporting events, and retail and businesses; Edit and process photo packages for customer use.
RAWNATUREGLOBAL / RUTH+, Los Angeles, CA (April, 2020-August, 2020)
Remote Digital Marketing and Strategizing Intern
• Conducted competitive analysis, structure social media channels, and other various tasks to enhance and promote various musical artists under contract. • Created and implemented graphic designs, marketing strategies, and improved digital presence of clients.
The Daily Trojan Publication, Los Angeles, CA (September, 2019-May, 2020)
Design Staff Member, Photography Staff Member
• Designed and organized infographics and layouts; Worked weekly 2-hour shifts as point-of-reference to help with any impromptu designs and graphics.
• Attended and photographed three USC community and sporting events a month for online and print publication; Edited and processed photographs for print.
Dan Caplis Law, Denver, CO (May, 2019-July, 2019)
• Organized, stored, and cataloged evidence.
• Recorded and closed cases for one of Denver’s top personal injury law firms.
• Dean’s List Recipient ‒Awarded by the University of Southern California (2020)
• Certificate in Completion of Level B2 (fluency) French ‒ Awarded by Education First, Paris Campus (2019)
• Advanced Placement Scholar with Distinction Award ‒ Awarded by the College Board (2019)
• Scholastic Art & Writing Awards: Gold and Silver Keys for Photography (2019)
SKILLS & INTERESTS
• Global Marketing (Relevant coursework: Foundations of Marketing, Business and Technical French)
• Business Finance (Relevant coursework: Microeconomics, Macroeconomics, Applied Business Statistics, Real Estate Finance, and Foundations of Accounting)
• Fashion and Design (Co-Founder, Co- Editor-in-Chief, and Photographer for the MASH Magazine and participating member in the USC Fashion Industry Association)
• Website Development (WordPress and Squarespace) and Social Media (Experience managing Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and YouTube Channels)
• Fluency in French; conversational proficiency in German and Italian
• Proficient in Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Aftereffects, InDesign, Lightroom; Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint; iMovie and Final Cut Pro
• Photography and Film (Featured in two Denver Museum of Contemporary Art gallery shows and one Scholastic Award-Winning Art gallery show)
• Ross Esse ‒ ------------ ‒ Advisor at RAWNATUREGLOBAL; oversaw digital marketing and strategizing responsibilities
• Dan Caplis ‒ ------------ ‒ Oversaw research at Dan Caplis Law