The University of Texas at Austin, Cockrell School of Engineering
August 2017 – May 2021
Biomedical Engineering – Cellular and Biomolecular Engineering, Pre-Health Professions Certificate
• Current College GPA: 3.93
Baylor College of Medicine – Center for Cell and Gene Therapy June 2018 – August 2018
Intern Research Assistant
• Independently collected primary lab data on a proof-of-concept project on genetically engineered CAR T-cells.
• Analyzed data collected and presented findings to the Cell and Gene Therapy Department.
• Learned mammalian cell culture techniques and peripheral blood monocyte isolation.
Cockrell School of Engineering Student Services
January 2018 – Present
Tutor – Calculus and Organic Chemistry
• Communicated with a diverse group of students to improve their understanding of the curriculum.
• Delivered over 100 one-on-one tutoring sessions.
• Gathered and implemented feedback from students to improve teaching methods.
Refugee Services of Interfaith Ministries Houston
July 2016 – March 2017
Administrative Team Intern
• Delivered a 1-hour presentation at Travis High School to raise awareness for refugee youth programs.
• Conducted a literature review on the health care available to refugees for capstone thesis.
• Shadowed medical caseworkers and assisted with paperwork.
University of Texas Biomedical Engineering – Peppas Drug Delivery Lab
August 2019 – December 2020
Undergraduate Research Assistant
• Accelerated laboratory efficiency by revising written protocols for experiments.
• Awarded the Undergraduate Research Fellowship Grant of $1000.
• Delivered a poster presentation at the Biomedical Engineering Undergraduate Research Competition.
Senior Design Project
Anti-Fogging Dental Mirror Project Sponsored by UT Health Dentistry January 2021 – Present
• Extensively researched oral health and the dentistry industry to identify ideal prototype cost and technical limitations.
• Worked with a multidisciplinary team to develop a prototype design and execute prototype reiterations based on testing.
Senior Design Project
Physical Therapy (PT) Telehealth Ankle Monitoring Device
August 2020 – December 2020
• Developed C++ code to analyze and output relevant data in the working prototype.
• Developed surveys and conducted interviews with PT stakeholders to obtain relevant information on the PT field.
GlobeMed at the University of Texas at Austin
May 2017 – May 2021
• Increased membership by 80% by composing recruitment timeline and increasing social media presence.
• Improved communication with partner NGO Wuqu’ Kawoq by implementing monthly meetings via web conferencing.
• Spearheaded a speaker series in general meetings by reaching out to professionals and professors.
Co-Director of Campaigns
• Successfully established and executed new fundraisers to raise $10,000 to support grassroots NGO Wuqu’ Kawoq
• Managed a team of 6 people to execute and plan events.