xxx-xxx-xxxx | xxx-xxx-xxxx
English & Creative Writing double major at Columbia University with 4+ years of experience working in the food and service industries. Loves learning new skills, engaging with customers, and expressing creativity via hospitality. Graduate of the Columbia Bartending Agency’s School of Mixology with an A+ (over 95% on the final exam).
Leadership and Teamwork
• Engages with coworkers honestly, effectively, and respectfully.
• Capable, high energy team member and leader, as evidenced by selection to guide groups of incoming first-years into the Catskill Mountains as leader in the Columbia Outdoor Orientation Program. Selected Team Captain year after year in club soccer during high school.
• Receptive to critique and constantly looking for improvement, as shown by promotion to Barista-in-Training at Joe Coffee Company in less than a year.
• Knowledgeable about core drink recipes including highballs, shaken drinks, shooters, and classic cocktails as described in the Columbia Bartending Agency’s manual and ready to learn more.
• Comfortable free-pouring and using jiggers.
• Can engage with customers and complete tasks efficiently.
• Hard worker and quick learner; currently has a 4.0 GPA at Columbia.
• Has plays, poetry, and short fiction performed or published in multiple publications and programs.
• As a Creative Writing major at Columbia and a graduate of the High School for the Performing and Visual Arts in Houston, Texas, understands how to express herself creatively and communicatively.
• Enjoys experimenting with recipes in her free time.
2019. Became CPR and Wilderness First Aid certified.
2018 – present. Barback, Joe Coffee Company. Brewed coffee, kept the store clean, and assisted baristas and customers with whatever was needed. Promoted to Barista-In-Training (BIT) at end of Spring semester.
2018. Graduated from the Columbia Bartending Agency’s School of Mixology Introductory Bartending Course.
2017 – present. Experience Expert at DEFINE body & mind. Worked with clients to achieve their goals for physical and mental wellbeing. Maintained the studio, answered phones and emails, and assisted clients in classes.
2017 – 2018. Barista at Define Living. Managed the tea bar while assisting clients in purchasing retail and setting up classes for meditation and aerial yoga. Created and served healthy drinks ranging from charcoal lattes to elixirs and teas.
2017. Received her Food Handler’s License.
2016. Employee, Yogurtland. Engaged with customers, maintained the mechanical equipment in the shop, and managed the register.
creative, hardworking, positive