Stony Brook University
- BE in Mechanical Engineering awarded in 201 9 , MS in Mechanical Engineering awarded in 20 20 (Accelerated Program)
- Undergraduate GPA: 3.49, Graduate GPA: 3.71
- EIT Certified (NCEES Fundamentals of Engineering exam passed)
Mechanical Engineering Intern at Leviton Manufacturing 6/1 8 – 10 /1 9
- Worked directly with mechanical engineering design team on projects involving electronics and home electrical products.
- Completed hands-on stress/temperature testing of products to meet UL certification within Test Lab and Application Lab.
- Collaborated with product managers to design and 3D print new product concepts.
- Developed extensive 3D CAD model library of electronic components for more accurate PCB housing design.
Engineering Intern at Freeman Engineering PLLC 5/1 7 – 8/1 7
- Designed and updated CAD layouts of piping and HVAC systems in conjunction with mechanical engineers.
- Completed load calculations for MEP systems utilizing the Elite software platform.
- Surveyed existing systems at job sites, completed 2D CAD layouts and participated in system redesigns.
ASHRAE (HVAC organization) Vice President 8/17 – 5/18
- Participated in the 2016 Student Design Competition, developing and analyzing the efficiency of a complete HVAC
system for a multi-story commercial facility. Energy efficiency was prioritized in order to meet LEED certification.
Senior Design Project: Vibration Isolating Engine Mount for Free Piston Engine
- Completed the design, prototype, and testing of an engine mount for a free piston linear alternator. Project was selected to
be presented at Stony Brook’s Industrial Advisory Board Meeting.
Team rider for WeThePeopleBMX 2/19 – Present
Part of a competitive traveling bmx team; working on various video and photo projects to promote the company. Produced a
48 page photo book documenting a week-long trip to Los Angeles, CA.
- CAD: Solidworks, Creo, and Inventor (2.5 years). AutoCAD (1 year)
- FEA Analysis: Excelled in the study of finite element methods and their application to structural analysis problems.
Derived stress-displacement matricies for bars, beams, pipes and truss systems. Extended the application of FEA to fluid
flow and heat transfer problems. Utilized tools within Solidworks and ANSYS for more complex FEA simulations.
- Fluid Thermal Systems: Extensive coursework completed studying the properties of fluid flow and heat transfer in pipe
systems, heat exchangers, compressors, and turbines. Successfully designed a heat exchanger to a given specification as a
midterm project. Utilized a variety of sensors and instruments to analyze the properties of fluid thermal systems.
- Matlab : Over four years of coursework in linear algebra, numerical methods, controls, dynamics and robotics requiring a
high level of Matlab proficiency. Frequently employed additional toolboxes to expand Matlab functionality.
- Microsoft Suite : Proficient in Work, Excel, and Powerpoint.