------------ | ------------
------------/in/loretta-thompson-ux | ------------
User Experience Designer
User Experience Designer with 5+ years’ experience designing cloud-based, cross-platform enterprise security management
for a multibillion-dollar, multinational cybersecurity software company. Designed a new security service that is on
target to garner one million dollars of revenue within the first year of launch. Participated in the formation of the
Product Roadmap and implementation of Product Development. Background also includes budgeting, scoping, and usecase / user story development. Highly effective in a telecommute work environment. Areas of expertise span a broad range,
Interaction Design Requirements Gathering Product Design
Usability Testing Communication Information Architecture
User Interface Design Adaptability Visual Design
Use Case creation Information Technology User Stories
Human-Centered Design User Interviews Agile Methodology
Product Development Rapid Prototyping SaaS
Zeplin, Axure, Sketch, Invision, Basalmiq, Adobe Creative Cloud, Slack, GIT, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint,
(Software Development Life Cycle) – All Phases
Avast Software, FWB, FL
User Experience Designer, 10/2016 – 12/2019
• Converted complicated business needs into SaaS simple user-driven solutions to enhance product offering.
• Designed feature service integrations to increase product revenue.
• Quickly defined and iterated through UX Design requirements delivering wireframes, mockups, and user flows.
• Defined user-centric business requirements and performed Product Management duties as needed.
• Collaborated with cross-functional teams internationally to deliver a competitive, functional, and aesthetically clean
• Identified, documented and prioritized UX bugs to ensure proper implementation through product release.
• Elicited product strategy into content then proceeded with writing them into detailed business requirements.
• Provided release demos detailing release UX changes to Product Manager, Marketing, Sales, and Engineering team.
• Developed product style guide, asset library and design patterns to streamline the development and UX workflows.
• Utilized device and SaaS data to create interactive dashboard widgets and reports, creating engaging user experiences.
AVG Technologies, FWB, FL
Junior User Experience Designer, 03/2015 – 09/2016
• Designed wireframes and mockups, crafting intuitive experiences for the CloudCare product.
• Assisted in user interviews, A/B testing, and committed to improve product workflow through validation.
• Built mental models to understand key project stakeholder research findings.
• Provided proof of concept designs for product enhancements for new features.
• Advocated concepts and ideas from the customers’ perspective among stakeholders.
• Conceived and modeled user interface prototypes based on collected customer requirements, use cases, and business
• Created user-centered designs by considering market analysis and customer feedback.
• Performed usability and, QA testing for all CloudCare releases.
Loretta Thompson ------------ Page Two
Bsecure Technologies Inc., FWB, FL
Documentation Specialist, 09/2013 – 09/2015
• Developed user help files, user manuals, and FAQs for AVG CloudCare, a remote IT management solution for SMB’s.
• Maintained and updated manuals, procedures and training materials.
• Coordinated project documentation requests with project managers and key project stakeholders.
• Reviewed and finalized all user-end documentation for accuracy and brand compliance.
• Independently gathered information from subject matter experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals,
technical specifications, and process documentation.
• Executed product test plans to gain a better understanding of the product and write user-friendly content that met the
needs of the target audience.
• Performed QA testing during the product development cycle to reduce the number of bugs released into the wild.
Honors & Awards
Editor Review 4.5, PC MAG
Award-Winning Parental Controls
Best of CES, International Consumer Electronics Show
DSD-150 Securespot Internet Security Device
User Experience Design Fundamentals -New York University
Technical Communications 101 -Society for Technical Communication
UX, UI, Interaction Design, User Interviews, Wireframes, HCI