------------ (preferred) |------------ | Cypress, CA
California State University, Long Beach (CSULB) August 2018 – December 2020
Bachelor of Arts, Chemistry, Minor: Environmental Science and Policy
Cypress Community College, Cypress, CA August 2016 – June 2018
Associate in Arts, Emphasis: Math and Science
• Software: Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, ArcMap 10.8 Basics
• Laboratory: Safety Practices, Sample Preparation and Analysis including UV-Vis Spectroscopy, Fourier-Transformed Infrared Spectroscopy, Thin Layer Chromatography, Simple and Fractional Distillation. Basic knowledge in Gas Chromatography Mass Spectroscopy and High-Performance Liquid Chromatography
• Environmental Law and Policy
• Instrumental Analytical Chemistry
• Advanced Organic Chemistry Laboratory
• Geology: Earth Systems and Global Change
• Geographic Information Science for Natural Sciences using Esri: ArcGIS 10.8 Software
• Energy and Environment: Global Perspective
• California Environmental Issues
EXPERIENCE & EXTRACURRICULAR
Intern, Algalita Marine Research and Education May 2020 – August 2020
• Engaged with the non-profit organization in a mission to combat plastic pollution through youth education and action.
• Attended meetings to discuss and explore facets of plastic pollution including global and local implications.
• Completed assignments and projects that reflect critical thinking of problems and solutions related to plastic pollution.
Volunteer, El Dorado Park West Community Center October 2018 – December 2018
● Assisted in creative and educational workshops.
● Assembled and served lunch with the Human Services Association Lunch Program team.
● Boosted the friendly atmosphere through crafts and holiday decorations.
Environmental Club President, Western High School August 2014 – May 2016
● Organized volunteer events related to environmental clean-up and awareness.
● Managed and expanded the school recycling program weekly.
● Conducted weekly meetings and practiced communication to deliver plans.
AWARDS AND HONORS
Dean’s Honor List, Cypress Community College August 2016 – December 2017
General Education Transfer Curriculum Certificate, Cypress Community College August 2018
Lab, Laboratory, Chemistry, Environmental Science, Environmental Chemist, Sustainability