Joseph Metz’s Job Resume
Joseph Metz Jr.
836 Mimosa Avenue, Deptford, NJ 08096 • ------------ • ------------
• Three years of customer service skills
• Written over eight articles for Rowan University's newspaper, The Whit
• Interpersonal Skills
• Adapt to diverse groups
• Problem-solving skills
Bachelor of Arts: Journalism May 2020
Rowan University - Glassboro, NJ
• Relevant Courses: Media Ethics, News Reporting I and II, Online Journalism I and II, Journalism Principles and Practices, Sports Journalism I and II, Photojournalism, Copy Editing, and Magazine Article Writing,
• Electives: Worked on online blog for my local NJROTC unit from Deptford Township High School. I also served four years in this unit where I did some leadership work for them.
• Currently hold a 3.55 GPA.
Associate of Arts: Liberal Arts May 2018
Rowan College of South Jersey at Gloucester County - Sewell, NJ
Relevant Work Experience
Intern June 2019 – Aug. 2019
Del Val Media – Marlton, NJ (Contact information upon request)
• Had writings posted in the June to August 2019 issues of South Jersey Magazine.
• Researched stories to be posted in the magazine, ranging from the statistics of high school’s in the area, such as graduation rates and SAT scores, to interviews such as former NFL head coach Dick Vermeil.
• Did man on the street interviews for the “Ask This” section of the magazine.
• Researched events to be include in the event calendar.
Sales Associate June 2016 – Present
Shoe Carnival Inc. – Deptford, NJ (Contact information upon request)
• Worked collaboratively with team members to drive customer service initiatives, achieving sales goals and increasing feedback scores.
• Collaborated with co-workers for in-store maintenance, stocking, merchandising and upkeep, successfully prioritizing tasks in order to achieve a wide range of daily objectives.
• Devised and executed business initiative to re-brand the department to improve key performance metrics for customer satisfaction and sales.
• Reported incidents to management.
• Prioritized and accomplished wide range of tasks each shift.
• Developed positive customer relationships through friendly greetings and excellent service.
Instructional Assistant June 2015 – June 2016
Master Ju's World Class Tae Kwon Do –Sewell, NJ
• Helped instruct children and others on Tae Kwon Do techniques and provided valuable life lessons through classes and workshops.
• Attended events to help promote the school.
Activities and Interests
• Staff Writer for college newspaper, The Whit. 2018 - Present
• Volunteer at New Sharon and Colonial Manor United Methodist Churches.
2014 - 2016
• Assistant Instructor at Master Ju’s World Class Tae Kwon Do (1st Degree Black Belt).
2013 - 2016
• Member of Tau Sigma National Honor Society. 2019 - Present
Joseph, Metz, Journalism, Sports, Betting, Sportsbet Media