Johnathen Rockwell's Resume
SCREENWRITER, CREATIVE CONTENT WRITER & SOCIAL MEDIA PUBLISHER
Endicott, NY 13760
Published science fiction author and screenwriter | Aspiring filmmaker | Experience composing, editing, and publishing creative articles, screenplays, short stories, and roleplay gaming content |Experience in storyboarding and creation of digital content | Ability to proofread, correct and deliver high quality and compelling content |Creative leader for more than four years |Team building, individual and group mentoring.
Barback & Busser Beer Tree Brew Works Inc (The Factory) - Johnson City, NY
November 2020 to Present.
• 7500+ square feet of dining and bar space• Experience with fast paced and high-volume environments. Maintained strict safety, quality, and cleanliness standards. • Performed opening and closing duties• Support bartenders and provide quick, efficient service to customers• Clean up the bar, remove glasses and bottles, change kegs, and restock bar stations.
Script Reader and Social Media Intern Flickers Rhode Island International Film Festival - Providence, RI
September 2020 to Present.
• One of six interns chosen for 2020• Written reviews of more than 50 screenplays and films• Preview films and screenplays, complete for award recognitions. • Social media outreach, blog writing, Facebook Live interviews with filmmakers• Partner with Film Festival staff on projects focused on marketing, event planning, educational programs, technical operations, and design.
Creative Content Writer Hello World Magazine - Remote
September 2020 to December 2020
Staff writer intern for digital magazine specializing in computing and digital making for educators. • Contributed articles to STEM segment of online magazine. • Partner with full time magazine editors, participate in content collaboration meetings• WordPress design and publishing. ------------
Barback & Busser Tony's Italian Grill - Endicott, NY
August 2018 to October 2020
• Large and busy upscale Italian restaurant and steakhouse• Support for servers, bartenders, and customers• Ran food and drinks for guests as needed• Maintained strict cleanliness and safety standards• Performed barback duties• Host for customer seating for open shifts as needed
Bachelors in English Creative Writing, Cinema Studies
Binghamton University - Vestal, NY
August 2020 to Present.
High School Diploma - Summa cum Laude, Regents Program with Honors
Union Endicott High School - Endicott, NY
September 2016 to June 2020
Certificate in Computer Science, C++, Game Design
Binghamton University - Vestal, NY
August 2017 to April 2018
• Microsoft Word (6 years)
• Microsoft Excel (3 years)
• Meeting Planning (4 years)
• PowerPoint (4 years)
• Creative Writing (5 years)
• Time Management (6 years)
• Public Speaking (4 years)
• Social Media Management (3 years)
• Italian (3 years)
• Blogging (3 years)
• WordPress (1 year)
• Proofreading (3 years)
• Microsoft Publisher (2 years)
• Event Planning (3 years)
• Blogging (2 years)
• Podcasting (2 years)
• Team Building (4 years)
• Storytelling (5 years)
• Team Management (4 years)
• Adobe Creative Suite (3 years)
• Sony Vegas Pro (3 years)
Scouts USA - Eagle Scout October 2019
22 separate leadership awards at national, state, local and district levels. Earned the highest service rank in Boy Scouts, completing seven-year journey. Community service projects, youth advocacy activities.
Eagle Scout Palms (Gold and Bronze) October 2019
National ranking added to Eagle Scout for added service and merit badge awards.
New York State Italian American Legislator's Award June 2020
New York State Assembly award and scholarship for academic achievement and community commitment.
Community Service Groups
Scouts USA: Senior Patrol Leader & Assistant Scoutmaster April 2013 to February 2020
Senior troop leader and youth mentor responsible for a meeting coordination and agenda-setting. Skill instruction and Scout advancement. Coordinating service projects as well as field trips and outdoor events.
Union Endicott Education Foundation (UEEF): Board Member March 2019 to Present.
Board Member for Foundation. UEEF is a non-profit with the goal of helping foster the development of teachers and students by providing grants to innovative ideas and teaching methods.
The Willing End ------------
The Moth Company ------------
Sole content writer for weekly character-driven podcast that takes place in a post-apocalyptic setting. Character development, storyline writing.
Screenplay and content editor for short film, partnering with Canadian filmmaker during COVID-19 quarantine. The film was submitted with for the 2020 QIFF (Quarantine International Film Festival).
• Written eight independent screenplays for short films; produced three.
• Partner screenwriter on two additional film projects
• Ongoing content writer for tabletop roleplaying adventures (4+ years)
• Ongoing content writer for weekly podcast