Ja Nene Dorsett
Ja Nene Dorsett Maximizing Performance by Building Winning Teams
Greater Orange County, California ~------------ ~ ------------ ~ ------------/in/janenedorsett/
Premier General / Operations Manager and Sales Leader – Highly experienced and accomplished leader with demonstrated expertise driving sales growth, and operational profit in the retail and b2c industries. A proven leader with the ability to communicate effectively and motivate teams to peak performance. Seeking a Director of Operations or Stores, District/Area Manager, Director of Customer Experience position for an organization requiring immediate revenue growth, improved processes and sustained profit improvement. Select accomplishments:
● Growth Acceleration: Proven processes and procedures that have delivered superior results.
● Turnaround: Successful turnaround of multiple operations throughout career.
● Publications: Published in eleven national and international publications including: Vogue North America, Vogue Italia, Womens World Daily (WWD) Japan, and Shuba Vol 12 cover. Key stylist for an International biological & technology film.
● Awards: Top 10 Nationally Ranked Manager (2018), Values in Practice Recipient (2015), Classified Security Clearance (2001), Honored by Sgt. Major of the United States Marine Corps (2009 - 2012), Three National Hairstylist Awards (2016 - 2018)
Consistently Achieving Growth and Sustainability
● Employee Development & Empowerment ● Budgeting & Operational Costs
● Implementation of Operational Processes ● Loss Prevention Management
● Project Coordination & Management ● Business Development
● Visionary Leadership & Value Creation ● Client Relationship, Loyalty, & Retention
INTERIM COLLEGE DIRECTOR 2/2021 - Present
ADVANCE BEAUTY COLLEGE
GENERAL MANAGER 2/2020 - Present
GUESS? ® - Global fashion brand and retail company with $850M Revenue.
Leader of flagship retail operation at South Coast Plaza in Southern California with revenue of $5M annually and 25 employees.
• Demonstrate strong leadership by engaging, mentoring, developing, and supporting employees.
• KPI responsibilities: Sales growth, shrink, conversion, budget & plan, payroll hours & scheduling, pricing Compliance.
• Successfully navigated multiple store closures and reopening’s during Covid-19 Pandemic.
• Reduced labor costs while maintaining excellence in service and profit levels.
• Store metrics and KPIs ranked in Top 10 nationally.
MULTI-UNIT GENERAL MANAGER 8/2018 – 8/2020
BCBGMAXAZRIA ® - Global luxury fashion branding and retail company with $694M Revenue.
Mastery of retail operations, store operations, and customer service management. Strategically developed effective marketing plans to increase sales and profits while managing costs. Recognized and formally acknowledged outstanding staff performance to boost company morale and productivity.
● Led and directed team members on effective methods, operations, and procedures.
● Mentored and effectively trained team members into Management.
● Total P&L responsibility of $16M in revenue with 5-25 direct reports depending on location.
Ja Nene Dorsett ------------ Page 2
DISTRICT OPERATIONS MANAGER 1/2017 – 7/2018
ULTA BEAUTY ® - Largest U.S. beauty retailer with $7.1B Revenue.
Facilitated operational directives including inventory control, loss prevention, cash reconciliation, budgeting and forecasting, interviewing and hiring, business management, and OSHA compliance.
● District Trainer on the execution of product marketing placement & promotions to elevate sales of new & existing products.
● KPI responsibilities: Sales growth, shrink, budget & plan, payroll hours & scheduling, credit & data capture, Pricing Compliance.
● Total P&L responsibility of $15M in revenue with 110 direct reports
MANAGER 6/2014 – 1/2017
JCPENNEY - American department store chain with $11.6B Revenue.
Decreased inventory & supply overages by 14% through a variety of cost cutting and productivity improvement initiatives including: better planning and more efficient inventory control. Achieved 96% increase in weekly sales through strategic merchandising, process’, and high touch customer service practices. Responsible for 150 direct reports.
● Increased customer retention by 28% using innovative training programs & event organization.
● Mentored & trained Managers, and General Managers in Training on best practices, cost effectiveness, inventory, scheduling, and hazmat operations.
● Increased employee retention by 200% and ensured installation of Inclusion & Diversity Program.
● KPI responsibilities: sales growth, shrink, budget & plan, payroll hours & scheduling, credit & data capture, pricing compliance.
MANAGING DIRECTOR 2011 - 2014
LOMA LINDA UNIVERSITY MEDICAL CENTER - Premiere Medical facility providing healthcare with $6.1B in revenue.
Full P&L responsibility for $3M in retail operations to include Cafe Services, Coffee Shops, high end Staff Boutiques, and custom Gift Shops. Responsible for 50 direct reports.
● Effectively controlled costs & developed budgets.
● Turnaround: Moved business from unprofitable status to profitability within 45 days.
● Honored as a Values In Practice Employee (2015)
FAMILY READINESS OFFICER / PERSONNEL ANALYST 2001 - 2012
USSOCOM - MARSOC - United States Special Operations Command is the Elite of the USMC.
Equipped and assisted Marines and their families in becoming well informed, self-sufficient, and to secure their quality of life. Served as the liaison between the Commander and USSOCOM dependents.
● Provided Resource & Referral information, Readiness & Deployment Support to 1000 Marines, Corpsman, and their families.
● UPFRP Management which included 12 Civilian and Military direct reports combined.
● Ensured family readiness on the homefront which ensured Marines Mission Readiness.
~ Cornell University ~ Ithaca, NY
~ Business Law Certificate ~Conflict Resolution Certificate ~ Servant Leadership Certificate ~
~ Leadership Essentials Certificate ~Critical Thinking Certificate ~