Eddie Melendez Resume
815 Tyson Avenue, Philadelphia, PA, 19111 |------------ | ------------
Self-motivated leader and analyst dedicated to operational excellence and process improvement. Constantly provides accurate, in depth, and timely analysis, and has proven his ability to work effectively while maintaining composure and focus in dynamic, high-pressure environments.
Skills: Microsoft Office Suite - Public Speaking - Report Writing - Statistical & Data Analysis - Operations - Problem Solving - Critical Thinking - Teamwork - Time Management - Training Programs - Project Management
OPEN SOURCE INTELLIGENCE ANALYST - SUPERVISOR | SOCIAL DETECTION | AUG 2017-PRESENT
• Leads a team of analysts in the collection, processing, exploitation, and dissemination of publicly available information. Evaluates 4000+ investigative reports annually for use in workers compensation, liability, and special investigations; saving clients a combined $50 million in potentially fraudulent claims.
• Manages $75k Automated Data Processing Equipment assets; streamlined 100+ item inventory, directed asset distribution and maintenance. Ensured 100% continuity and zero mission degradation.
• Analyzes company performance through integrated databases. Measures comparative output and implements procedures to increase production while maintaining operational integrity, quality, and efficiency.
• Directs daily operational assignments as well as long term, strategic projects. Leverages short, and long-term objectives against employee capacity and capability to accomplish and exceed growth and revenue goals.
• Manages training programs for junior analysts and new employees. Identifies training deficiencies and operational shortfalls; develops unique training agendas to address deficits while accomplishing operational objectives.
INTERN | DELAWARE VALLEY INTELLIGENCE CENTER, PHILADELPHIA | JUN 2016-AUG 2016
• Produced articles for regional Biweekly Open Source Intelligence Report, highlighting significant threats and hazards to private and public partners, to include transportation, critical infrastructure, cyber, and criminal threats.
• Researched, authored and collaborated with U.S. Coast Guard intelligence analysts and Federal Agents (USCGIS) in the production of Watchkeeper Threat Reports, mitigating threats to Delaware River ports and bridges, and facilities.
• Assisted Philadelphia Area Regional Transit Working Group Analysts and Operations Officer. Coordinated intelligence services and conducted research for use in threat analysis and multi-lateral threat exercises.
• Coordinated and correspond with DHS, FBI, Amtrak & local detectives to ensure proper vetting and relevance of incoming intelligence as well as the dissemination of products to the proper authorities.
AUXILARY OFFICER | PENN STATE POLICE | NOV 2015-Feb 2016
• Supported police in ensuring safety and reducing crime on campus by providing physical security presence at events and foot patrols of residential areas.
• Escorted students back to dormitories through safe walk services mitigating potential crime and increasing community awareness and communication with law enforcement.
• Served as radio technician receiving and transmitting communications between Auxiliary offices and Law enforcement to coordinate resources and responses to events reducing deficiencies in campus security structure.
CERTIFICATES AND TRAININGS
• Criminal Intelligence systems operating policies 28 CFR Part 23
• National center for biomedical research and training: Transit Terrorist tools and Tactics
• Education program designated as a National Center of Academic Excellence in Information assurance and cyber defense by the National Security Agency and the Department of Homeland Security
• Multiple continuing education trainings: HIPPA, PII, Social Engineering, End user physical security, etc.
BS | THE PENNYSLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, GPA 3.4
Major: Security and Risk Analysis: Intelligence Analysis and Modeling option
Analyst, OSINT, Intelligence