Echos D. Blevins
14703 Barryknoll Lane Unit 6. Houston,TX. 77079
Bachelor of Science Degree from the University of Arizona where I acquired pertinent skills that would facilitate my working effectively in an environment where I could inspire young people to realize their full potential as they pursue their educational goals and objectives. Further, I acquired very good technical, time management, teambuilding, and organizational skills that employers would find most helpful in an office environment. I am a very tenacious individual who works beyond the parameters of the job responsibilities to achieve the company’s goals and objectives. I have eight years of work experience in non-profit and education having served as both office assistance and team leader in different projects. In addition to the above skills I possess, my past employers would speak to the fact that I am very energetic and takes the initiative where appropriate.
Houston Independent School District
Sr Program Specialist Career and Technical Education Department (April 2017- Current)
• Plan a program of study that, as much as possible, meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students.
• Create a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
• Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for individual differences.
• Prepare for classes assigned and show written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate supervisor.
• Encourage students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
• Guide the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and, in harmony with the goals, establish clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects, and the like to communicate these objectives to the students.
• Employ a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided, and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved.
• Strive to implement, by instruction and action, the district’s philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
• Assess the accomplishments of the students on a regular basis and provide progress reports as required.
• Refer students for evaluation by district specialists as required.
• Take necessary and reasonable precautions to protect the students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
• Maintain accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, district policy, and administrative regulations.
• Assist the administration in implementing all policies and rules governing student life and conduct. Develop a reasonable rules of classroom behavior. Maintain order in the classroom in a fair and just manner.
• Make provisions for being available to the students and to the parents for education-related purposes when required.
• Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, evaluate their job performance.
• Maintain and improve professional competence.
• Participate in district staff development.
• Attend staff meetings and serve on staff committees.
• Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues.
• Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students, parents, and community members.
• Maintain open communication with campuses I support.
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned.
Teaching Associate, (June 2016- May 2017)
• Customize and deliver hands-on, engaging curriculum in Math and/or English Language Arts
• Inspire students to set and achieve ambitious academic and personal goals
• Partner with families, colleagues, and school staff to support student growth and hold students to consistently high expectations
• Participate in Citizen Schools' system of student incentives, recognition, and consequences
• Create opportunities for students that strengthen the connection between academic success, college, and career.
• Create and reinforce a culture of achievement and the idea that hard work + opportunity = success
• Build and leverage relationships with students, families, volunteers, peers, and the school community
• Plan and manage logistics for events both on- and off-campus
• Support day to day campus operations
• Provide one on one behavior intervention and support
Playworks Houston, Texas
Program Associate, (July 2014- June 2016)
• Keeping office organized
• Assisting in programing
• Managing AmeriCorps staff
• Coordinating service projects
• Facilitate interviews for various positions in office
• Facilitate all- staff meetings
• Assist in fundraising for regional office
• Facilitate trainings for coaching staff
• Manage office petty cash and incoming donor/grant checks
• Coordinate and facilitate regional office related outings and parties
• Assist in Board meetings
• Assist development team and Executive Director with different task
• Administrative task
• Order supplies for regional office
• Assist national office with obtaining certain regional office data
• Coordinate community outreach events
Playworks Houston, Texas
Program Coordinator, (August 2013- June 2014)
● Assisting children in organized play
● Ensured that students promoted healthy play and everyone was included
● Organized and ran a Leadership program
● Facilitate trainings at school revolved around programming
● Built relationships with staff, children and parents at my assigned school
● Created lessons for different sports leagues so that students were aware of each sport
● conducted different sports events/ activities during and after school hours
Coach, August 2016- Current
● Coach individuals from ages 10 and up with sprinting techniques
● private one on one coaching sessions
● ensure clients are getting better towards each individuals goal
● Create individual training plans for each athlete/client
UNIVERSITY OF ARIZONA, Tucson, Arizona, United States
Bachelor of Science, Social Services, May 2012
● Former Member of the University of Arizona Track and Field Team
➢ All- American Honors 2011, 2012
➢ All-Conference Honors 2008-2012
➢ All- Region Honors 2009-2012
Education, Non-profit, Sports