FALL 2019-MAY 2020
TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY ATHLETICS, COMPLIANCE STUDENT ASSISTANT
• Bylaw 12.4: Student Athlete Employment- Monitoring athletes who are employed. Making sure they are employed by sending out verification forms to their employer and sending out monthly verifications to their sport.
• Bylaw 22.214.171.124.1: Notification of Transfer- Updating the transfer spreadsheet with the student athletes written notification and Intraconference form when they decide to transfer out of the university.
• Bylaw 13.6: Official (Paid Visit)- Approving official visit requests for primarily Track and Field. Before the visit, I am responsible for ensuring the athlete is eligible by academics and ensuring that the visit does not last longer than 48 hours. Additionally, I approve any occasional meal and ensure that it is permissible. After the official visit, I approve the official visit by confirming all receipts and ensuring the right people were at the right place at the right time. After all the approval is complete, I send out the signed forms to the sport and the business office.
• Bylaw 16.2: Complimentary Admissions and Ticket Benefits: Approving football student athletes complimentary admission tickets by confirming the relationship between the individual and the student athlete.
• Bylaw 17.1: General Playing-Season Regulations- Every Monday for Track and Field I check to make sure that the student athletes’ calendar is up for the week. Additionally, at the end of the week I review the Track athletes CARA log ensuring they did not practice more than four hours a day, had at least one day off, and did not practice more than 20 hours a week. Once all of this information has been checked, I approve the CARA logs.
• Monthly roster audits- Confirm that all the data on three different sources is accurate for all the athletes in all 13 sports. If any changes have been made on the roster, then I update the changes on Front Rush.
• Completing student athlete tracers for the University that they decide to transfer to.
• Completing Transfer Tracking documents for athlete’s transferring to this university.
TEXAS TECH UNIVERSITY, COMPLIANCE DEPARTMENT INTERN
• Learned the bylaws that collegiate athletic departments must adhere to.
• Bylaw 12.4: Student Athlete Employment- Monitored all the employed athletes and made sure they were
working, getting paid for only the work they did, and got paid the going rate.
• Bylaw 15: Financial aid- Ensured the students received the correct amount of scholarship and would
determine if they qualified for additional funds. Additionally, made sure the athletes received the correct per
diem for home and away competitions.
• Bylaw 12: Eligibility- Made sure all the eligible athletes were traveling with the team and confirmed only the
active athletes are on the roster.
• Monthly roster audits- Confirmed that all the data on three different sources was accurate for all the athletes
in all 13 sports.
• Producing Calendars- Kept an updated calendar in Outlook of all upcoming competitions for all the
departments at this University to use.
• Produced participation records, summer clearance, and practice clearance for the upcoming fall semester-
Coordinated with various departments to ensure that all athletes are cleared for practice to maintain eligibility
JUNE 2016 – PRESENT
THE WADE FAMILY, NANNY
• Picking up the kids from school daily and preparing a healthy afterschool snack.
• Taking the kids to extracurricular activities and assisting with homework.
• During the summer, the kids have a full-day routine, including a scheduled activity that I prepare daily for
them. They love “Thankful Thursday,” the day we prepare gifts for others.
AUGUST 2015 – FEBRUARY 2019
ALL SAINTS EPISCOPAL SCHOOL, AFTERNOON FUN WORKER
• Watched the kids that came after school
• Oversaw and ensured g they played safely and appropriately
• Helped the older kids with homework
• Capable of following instructions
• Good at working on a team as a leader or follower
• Time Management
• Attentive to detail
VOLUNTEER AND LEADERSHIP EXPERIENCE
Over one hundred volunteer hours from Salvation Army, Toys for Tots, Meals on Wheels, and Lubbock Impact.
Assisted with Brashear Basketball Camp
Volunteered as an intern for Liz Parke Photography.
Volunteered as an Intern for Higher Calling Sports Agency
Texas Tech Atheletics Compliance Student Intern,