SHELBY A. HORTON
Georgia State University, College of Arts and Sciences/Honors College Aug.2019 - Curre nt
Bachelor of Arts Philosophy Pre -Law – GPA: 3. 42 Atlanta, GA
University of Kentucky, College of Communication and Information/Arts and Sciences Aug.2017 - May 20 19
Bachelor of Arts Integrated Strategic Communication & Sociology – GPA: 3.74 Lexington, KY
Honors/Awards: Dean’s List, Panther Leap Completion, National Society for Collegiate Scholars, Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity
Fulton County Superior Court May 2019 - Current
Partnership Against Domestic Violence: Legal Advocacy Volunteer Atlanta, G A
• Assist clients who are seeking a Temporary Protective Order (TPO) while accompanying them to court, attending their
hearings, and assisting women at regularly scheduled court sessions. Responsible for providing information and lay
assistance regarding le gal concerns to clients affected by domestic violence.
Rockdale County Accountability Court May 2017 – Aug.2018
Legal Intern Conyers, GA
• Worked with Rockdale County citizens who had reoccurring DUI or drug charges. Aided in provi ding clients with a
mandatory program to combat their drug abuse and make necessary referrals. Maintained client records and monthly
statistics. Assess client's legal needs for service.
LEADERSHIP AND PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
Student Government Association Sep.2019 -Current
91st Administration Academic Affairs Chairs & 90th Administration Transfe r Liaison Georgia State University Atlanta Campus
• Provide a voice for transfer students and the collective student body, advocate for student rights, write legislation with a
student senator, and seek student feedback and recommend solutions to student issues. Write legislation with student senators
as a sponsor.
Pre -Law Society Dec.2019 -Current
President & Co -Fundraising Chair Georgia State University
• Work with the committee, appointed by the President, to plan and organize fundraising activit ies. Focuses on raising the
amount of funds to meet the unit’s budget. Presents reports on proposed fundraising activities at board and association
meetings for approval.
National Council for Negro Women, Incorporated Aug. 2020 - Current
President Georgia State University
• Oversees the work of the Section and serves as the liaison between the Nat ional Headquarters Office and the Section.
Presides at all meetings of the membership and the Executive Committee. Co -signs, with the Treasurer, checks issued against
the Section’s financial accounts according to the Section Bylaws. Secures bonding if deem ed necessary based on the Section
needs and/or requirements .
Underground Perspective Dec.2019 - Current
President & Charter Member Georgia State University
• Initiating and setting goals for programs according to the strategic objectives of the organization. Planning the programs fr om
start to completion involving deadlines, milestones and processes. Developing or approvin g budgets and operations.
Phi Alpha Delta Law Fraternity, International Aug. 20 20 – Jan. 2020
Vice President Georgia State University
• Build and execute event marketing strategies to help grow the outreach of the organization. Responsible for planning and
managing all events related to Phi Alpha Delta . Create internal post -event documentation to ensure the improvement of
INTEREST AND INVOLVEMENT
Interest: Blogging, Reading, Legal Literacy
Activities: National Council of Negro Women, National Association and Advancement of Colored People, Black Voices,
Community Service: 5 hours each week at the Fulton County Courthouse.