Charlie Ortega's Resume
Georgia Gwinnett College December 2020
Bachelor of Arts, Political Science; concentration in Legal Studies Lawrenceville, Georgia
Honors: magna cum laude
Metro by T-Mobile November 2016 – Present
Mobile Expert Duluth, Georgia
• Explored individual needs of clients and provided live demonstrations on devices.
• Effectively made product and rate plan recommendations to clients.
• Educated, on average, twenty customers daily on promotions and services offered.
• Consistently reached and exceeded the company’s expected goals and quotas.
The JW Law Firm May 2020 – July 2020
Paralegal Intern Tucker, Georgia
• Drafted letters of representation, filed claims, maintained correspondence, and responded to emails.
• Assisted clients with finding and setting up medical treatment.
• Prepared and organized case files and handled five to ten on a daily basis.
• Gathered medical reports and treatment bills from providers.
• Negotiated with medical providers for reductions on client accounts.
• Communicated with clients consistently about updates on their case and assured high satisfaction.
SKILLS, CERTIFICATIONS, AND VOLUNTEER EXPERIENCE
• Proficient with Microsoft Programs such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
• Experience with case management software (ZolaSuites)
• Experience with legal research
• Experience drafting various legal documents
• Able to adapt to new environments
• Fluent in Spanish
• Paralegal Certification from Georgia Gwinnett College
• Notary Public, State of Georgia
• Legal Research and Writing
• Civil Litigation I & II
• Criminal Law
• Junior Achievement of Georgia
o Mentored students for Junior Achievement of Georgia, a program that helps kids learn about financial decision making.
The Law Society, President June 2020 – Present
• The club’s goal is to provide students with access to a supportive network in their legal academic endeavors.
Finance Club, Treasury January 2020 – June 2020
• Committed to further the member’s knowledge of finance and present opportunities to engage with the community.
Pi Sigma Alpha November 2020 – Present
• Member of the National Political Science Honor Society, an organization that is unique to college campuses across the United States that acknowledges high academic attainment.
Immigration Paralegal, Paralegal