Big Data Analyst
Katy, TX 77450 ------------
BIG DATA ANALYSIS
Data specialist with extensive experience working with oil and gas data sets. Strong understanding of building data intensive solutions. Proven ability to provide an opportunity for increased operational efficiency, lower costs, and improved drilling operations. Core competencies include:
Big Data Sets • Strategic Planning • Business Operations
Build and Maintain Data Analytics • Performance Improvement Approaches
Noble Energy July 2017-July 2020
Create and manage data pipelines for USO Drilling, integrating relevant data acquired from multiple ETL platforms like WellView, Oracle, and Pason Datamart for use in Spotfire dashboards/visualizations.
• Integrate, Analyze, and Report (automated/real-time dashboards) using volatile cross-functional data.
• Build and maintain advanced Spotfire data analytics dashboards for US Onshore Drilling to increase data-driven strategic and engineering decisions.
• Build and maintain automated dashboards to report asset level KPIs to the business to improve drilling and cost performance.
• Work closely with the Data Science team to create machine learning models for advanced data analytics like a Bit Wear Algorithm, and a Rig State Generator.
• Currently on development team charged with creating a real-time Tibco Streambase dashboard which will serve as a platform to host offset drilling data, active drilling algorithms, and functions to process raw EDR data and display valuable information in real-time.
• Responsible for testing new Operations applications prior to deployment
• Primary WellView SME for USO Drilling Operations
• Worked with Vendors to create easy to use Custom WellView data loaders and increase the accuracy of data captured and decreases the time necessary for accurate daily operations reporting.
• Developed custom Audit tools to maintain the level of data quality necessary for automated Spotfire Reporting.
• Build Custom WellView reports for Drilling Engineering Team
• Building a culture of caring about our data which in turn maximizes the effectiveness of our automated data manipulation technologies.
• Monitor, analyze and recommend new technologies for use by the organization (Moblize, Corva, Spotlight)
• Leveraging WellView and SQL knowledge to create automated solutions to manipulate well data faster, more efficiently, and with more accuracy than was previously possible.
• Continually improve and train team in best practices in WellView’s use and functionality
• Monitor Operations Data and ensure data quality and accuracy
• SME for advanced WellView reporting, querying and data capture efficiency.
BP Americas, Houston, TX June 2014-June 2016
Performance Analyst, July 2015-June 2016
Gulf of Mexico Wells
Gathered and verified all data from Well Integrity Team, Engineering Authority, Central HSE, and Rig Systems Engineering Team to compile Monthly Performance Report and Process Safety KPI’s.
• Heavy excel data analysis of Gulf of Mexico operational performance and safety data.
• Coordinated with HSE leadership to ensure accurate safety reporting.
• Tracked, monitored, and coordinated Management of Change activities for GoM.
• Tracked and monitored milestone progress against Annual Operating Plan obligations.
• Analyzed and managed GoM asset production performance and provide monthly reports to Central Organization.
• Compiled and verified data for semi-annual Town Hall presentation for the VP of GoM Wells.
• Gatekeeper of GoM Wells performance data.
• Created Ad Hoc queries, KPI’s, and analysis of performance data on demand for GoM Wells Leadership Team.
Wells Project Coordinator, June 2014-July 2015
Gulf of Mexico Wells
Facilitated and guided teams through the BP new wells delivery system and start up process to assure required deliverables are identified, completed, and recorded for each stage of the planning process.
• Coordinated activities between engineering teams, leadership, and approved vendors.
• Developed and managed project plan to track and control milestone completion.
• Facilitated and documented risk register collaboration, Risk Assessments, HAZIDs, and Strategic Implementation Plans.
• Track and monitor completion of risk mitigating action plans.
• Facilitated well planning meetings to achieve quality creation and completion of AFEs, Well Plans, and deliverables.
• Developed and maintained SharePoint environment for deliverable creation, approval, and filing.
• Compiled, formatted, and edited documents, procedures, and presentations in compliance with BP control processes.
• Acted as management of change (MoC) super user to support teams through the change process.
• Supported the annual Risk Action Planning (RAP) process and communicated updates to the GoM wells teams.
• Assisted with OMS conformance plan implementation and OMS Navigator sustainability project.
• Member of steering committee in charge of the BP process continuous improvement initiative.
• Provided interface support between GWO Central, and Gulf of Mexico wells teams.
• Worked with Management Systems to maintain accurate document storage, meta data, and retention.
• Support internal and external audits to provide data access, analysis, and reporting.
• Prepare monthly report for LT on the status of Audit, Assurance, Self-Verification (AASV) actions, communicating recommendations for improvement.
Fircroft Engineering, Houston, TX (Contracted to BP) June 2013-June 2014
Wells Operations Technologist BP Deepwater
• Worked with Deepwater rig team to facilitate accurate operations data acquisition, coding, reporting, and storage in OpenWells.
• Managed rig administrators to ensure compliance with BP global reporting standard.
• Reconciled costs to maintain transparency, and accuracy between operations team and finance.
• Coordinated reporting activities of financial analysts, rig administrators, and onsite leadership for Wells Team Leader.
• Created on demand ad hoc queries against database based on requirements from engineers, geologists, and Team Leads.
• Created, and updated weekly, and monthly meeting presentations for discussion with GOM wells team.
• Facilitated non-productive time analysis to identify and mitigate vendor inefficiency.
ADDITIONAL RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
Cenergy International Services, LLC, Centralized Rig Administrator: October 2008-June 2013
YBI Inc., Driller/ Well site Manager: November 2007-October 2008
Capstar Drilling, Onshore Driller: June 2005-November 2007
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Spotfire- advanced data analytics and dashboard creation
- SQL- Query generation and assimilation into Spotfire and PowerBI
- Visual Basic with SQL
- Microsoft Projects
- SharePoint: Administration, page creation, and document management
- Open Wells: Database Administration, Data analysis, KPI creation, Well design, and reporting
- WellView: Data base administration, Data analysis, KPI Creation, well design and reporting, Custom report creation, direct data importing, Pason data bridge, Realtime EDR analytics (Data Mart)
- Profile: Well Status Diagram Creation for well completion reporting, QA/QC of real time operations data
- Data Analyzer: Creation of Ad hoc queries for KPI tracking, NPT evaluation, and QA/QC of data in EDM
- Compass: Tie in daily survey data to drilling wells for TD locations, anti-collision, and to ensure proper dogleg severity
University of Houston Downtown
- Pursuing Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems
- Expected Graduation Fall 2021