Army Combat Veteran & COO to nonprofit
------------ | North Andover, MA 01845 & Playa Del Rey, CA 90293
Assertive, adaptable, and forward-thinking professional effective at multitasking in challenging situations and in fast-paced work environments. Highly-organized with talent in balancing needs of clients in both personal and professional capacities. Ability to work quickly and efficiently across multiple social media platforms. Passionate about combining strategy and creativity, driving new opportunities and building professional relationships. Ready to assist with tasks ranging from administrative to social media to travel. Accustomed to maintaining strict levels of confidentiality.
• Ability to learn programs and process quickly
• Excellent problem solver
• Strategic planning and organization
• Revenue growth
• Relationship development
• Accurate and detailed
• Written and oral communication skills
• Promotions planning skills
• Prioritization skills
Chief Operating Officer - ------------ (Santa Monica, CA)
May 2012 - Current
• Identified and solved complex strategy problems to drive organizational goals.
• Built and maintained loyal, long-term customer relationships through effective account management.
• Created agendas, meeting notes and other documents to enhance collaborative process.
• Supported office operations, managed client correspondence, tracked records and handled internal communications.
• Raised funds by organizing multiple events and diligently managed all details to meet deadlines.
• Negotiated vendor rates and coordinated contract details.
• Generated reports for leadership regarding event planning activities, including open inquiries, scheduling, cancellations and proposal development.
• Planned event logistics by performing site evaluations and cost estimates.
• Directed event production in collaboration with sponsors, hosts and internal teams.
• Networked to obtain potential event sponsors.
Sales & Marketing - Murphy's Boxing & Claddagh Fund (Boston, MA)
March 2012 - Current
• Promoted all events through various channels, including social media and email to inform people and encourage attendance.
• Networked at local and industry events to prospect for new sales leads.
• Created positive impressions by engaging with potential customers to increase sales opportunities.
• Built strong base of loyal customers through friendly interactions and professional engagement.
• Utilized effective listening and communication skills to reassure prospects and help each make wise buying decisions.
• Delivered exceptional service and attention to customers through active engagement, effective listening and well-developed interpersonal skills.
• Sold event tickets of various levels to guests, including general admission and VIP.
• Exceeded sales goals.
Senior Corrections Officer - Essex County Sheriff's Department (Middleton, MA)
April 2006 - Current
• Monitored daily activities to identify and manage suspicious behavior, improper conduct and signs of conflict.
• Employed de-escalation techniques, verbal commands and physical and mechanical restraints to address unruly inmates.
• Enforced resident behavior management protocols and drafted incident reports for infractions.
• Processed inmate intake and re-assignment by completing paperwork, conducting searches and recording fingerprints.
• Attended regular trainings and maintained appropriate certifications.
• Maintained communications with staff and inmate body to maintain safe, effective prison environment.
• Transported inmates to and from personal appointments, including medical and dental appointments, funerals, work details and court hearings.
Recruiting Manager - Clemente Productions (Malden, MA)
May 2015 - November 2017
• Planned and executed recruitment events to bring in area candidates.
• Built and leveraged professional network connections which provided continuous and relevant applicant sources across diverse persons.
• Sourced, qualified and conducted screening interviews with candidates.
• Utilized various media platforms to maximize opportunities and gain notice.
Administrative Assistant to the Director - Claddagh Fund (Philadelphia, PA)
October 2012 - September 2015
• Aided senior leadership during executive decision-making process by generating reports to provide data for consideration of corrective actions and improvements.
• Selected, trained, and mentored volunteers.
• Covered vacancies in key roles and assignments when volunteers were absent or unavailable based on individual strengths and knowledge.
• Oversaw volunteer logistics, including schedule, inventory and transportation management.
• Managed volunteer files to enable participation in Claddagh Fund's volunteer programs.
• Followed up with staff and managers to assess volunteer needs and opportunities.
• Managed reception and lobby area, greeted visitors and responded to requests for information.
Military Police Officer / 94th Military Police Company - United States Army
May 2001 - May 2009
• Provide combat support and force protection.
• Focused on physical security issues, investigations, unarmed self-defense, and weapons training.
• Team Leader – Panama 2007 Academy Instructor / Al Anbar Police Academy, Iraq- Platoon Leader 2004 Training and deployment to the Middle East during Operation Noble Eagle/Operation Enduring Freedom/Operation Iraqi Freedom.
• Worked extensively with rebuilding Iraq’s police force, taught entry level English, Community Policing, Fund Escort, Note Taking, How to Respond to a UXO, Religious Tolerance, Physical Training, and Range Training.
• Enforced military laws and regulations.
• Trained and instructed subordinates and supported units on Iraqi Police training.
Undercover Narcotics Officer - Various Police Departments
March 2008 - August 2008
• Tasked out to various Police Departments in Essex County to ensure public safety.
• Buy, apprehend, introduction operations with street level drugs and dealers.
• Work with and without informants while protecting their identity.
• Close working relationship with Case Agents in planning cover and surveillance.
• Conducted stationary and mobile surveillance on individuals being investigated.
• Documented details of investigations, including expenses incurred and hours spent, to complete assignment billing.
Education and Training
Bachelor of Science in Business Management
May 2018 Endicott College, Beverly, MA
• Summa cum laude graduate
• Veteran's Club - Secretary
Associate of Science in Business Administration
May 2014 North Shore Community College, Danvers, MA
• President - Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society
• High Honors graduate
MBA in Business Management and Marketing
Endicott College, Beverly, MA
Activities and Honors
• Mark Wahlberg Youth Foundation, Micky Ward Charities, Mass Fallen Heroes, Claddagh Fund (MA, PA, NY Chapters), Operation Troop Support.
• National Defense Service Medal, Global War in Terrorism Expeditionary Medal, Iraqi Campaign Medal, Army Commendation Medal, Armed Forces Reserve Medal with M Device, Army Achievement Medal, Global War on Terrorism Service Medal.