Ariya Olaee Resume
Mechanical Engineering student seeking practical experience to complement coursework. Dynamic,
detail -oriented, team -player with a proven track record of machining, FEA, and CAD experience . Motivated
to learn new technologies and apply them to achieve team /project objectives. Outstanding leadership
skills coupled with the ability to turn complex issue s into succinct, cohesive summaries /presentations .
University of California, Irvine
President of Tau Beta Pi Engineering Honors Society
Dean’s Honor List (every quarter)
B.S. Mechanical Engineering
Anticipated Graduation: June 2022
Cumulative GPA: 3.9 6
Mechanical Engineering Intern
January 2018 to March 2018
• Coordinated project to streamline the manufacturing pipelines of critical parts for the entire plant.
Consulted with every department to understand each manufacturing process . Consolidated
redundant quality control (QC) inspections, transfers between machines, manual fabrication with
specialized tools, etc ., resulting in a ~15 % reduction in fabrication time per part.
• Quantified productivity of each machine group in weekly Excel reports using data I compiled from
~50 CNC mills and lathe s. Collaborated with Director of Operations to delegate overtime which
required generating new workflows for parts . Reduced delayed parts from 18% to 10%.
• Constructed 3D CAD models in SolidWorks from clients’ drawings . Formalized CAD files into
fabrication drawings labeled with appropriate GD&T dimensioning . Cooperated with programming
department to develop a manufacturing pipeline for new parts.
• Performed QC checks for the Quality Assurance (QA) department. Required understanding of the
drawings sent in by clients and GD&T for every part , to ensure parts fall inside necessary tolerances.
UCI LIBRA Aeronautics
January 2020 to June 2020
• Stud ied airplane flight dynamics under stall conditions when control surfaces fail , specifically
observing aerodynamic control mechanisms to improve maneuverability near and post -stall
• Engineered a 5-axis force sensor using load cells and programm ed a LabVIEW system to ingest raw
voltage data and convert it to forces and moments (lift, drag, roll, yaw, pitch)
• Analyzed various 3D models in a wind tunnel and d iscovered quick elevator and aileron deflections
resulted in increased controllability at high angles of attack versus rolling with only ailerons . Aileron
sensitivity disappears at stall whereas the rate of change of that sensitivity still has a large value .
UCI Formula SAE Electric Racing
Chassis Sub -Team
April 2019 to December 2019
• Manufacture d a race car to compete against universities across the country in the FSAE competition
• Designed a space frame chassis in Solid Works conforming to the 2020 rules laid out by FSAE and
performed finite element analysis (FEA) on parts ( torsional rigidity, weight distributio n, center of
• Fabricated the chassis, which required MIG/TIG welding, laser cutting, etc. and worked with other
sub -teams to successfully integrate the other subsystems
UCI Men’s Rowing
August 2018 to October 2019
• Trained daily under coaching staff with national and Olympic experience
• Practiced 20 hours a week along with dedicating time towards fundraising efforts
• Led a boat to regionals and nationals where we placed 4th and 5 th respectively my freshman year
• 3D CAD /Solid Works
• Fluid Mechanics
• Viscous & Compre ssible Flows
• Mechanical Vibrations
• Lightweight Structures
• Mechanics of Materials
• Materials Science
Certified SolidWorks Associate (C SWA ) in Mechanical Design
• Issued on June 13 th, 2020
• Certificate ID: C-BTDARXHUM3
• Issuing Organization: Dassault Systèmes