Alison K. Resume
American University Washington, DC
Major: International Studies, School of International Service Graduation: May 2018
Thematic focus: Foreign Policy & National Security
Oakton High-School Oakton, Virginia
Honors: Advanced Diploma Graduation: June 2014
JOB & INTERNSHIP EXPERIENCE
American Institutes for Research Washington, D.C.
International Development Research Assistant July 2018- October 2020
• Conducted baseline background and literary research on upcoming proposals and projects.
• Created and structured several databases for 150+ projects and capabilities statements for the International Development Practice Area.
• Regularly tracked and updated business development items for the Research and Evaluation division.
• Assisted technical teams in developing Expressions of Interest, concept papers, and responses to Requests for Proposals (RFP) to ensure quality and timely submissions to bi-lateral and multi-lateral funders.
Peace Corps Washington, D.C.
University Programs Intern July–October 2017
• Worked with recording federal contracts.
• Compiled and mailed important documents to appropriate university contacts.
• Facilitated social media outreach/contests for Peace Corps followers.
• Re-organized and standardized document filing system to a more updated and simplified structure.
Café Deluxe Washington, D.C.
Front of House Staff/Hostess May–December 2017
• Scheduled all reservations and planned seating arrangements prior to lunch and dinner service.
• Handled customer complaints by employing good listening skills and working with management.
• Maintained tact and composure in a fast paced work environment.
Covington & Burling LLP Brussels, Belgium
Department of Life Sciences Intern January 2017– May 2017
• Conducted research on EU legislation and case laws regarding particular treaties under the subject of public health and life sciences.
• Investigated competing firms and their previous involvement with particular clients and/or cases.
• Collaborated across the firm’s various teams, practices and continents, in order to conduct the best possible services for clients.
• Assisted in taking note of legal bases and current status of legislation and case laws.
• Handled highly relevant, interesting, and complex matters regarding international law within the European Union.
ACTIVITIES AND MEMBERSHIPS
AU Relay for Life, Executive Board Member American University
• Organized and managed several fundraising events to accumulate support and donations for the American Cancer Society.
• Raised awareness and educated the collegiate community of the American Cancer Society.
• Accrued donations through social media and networking.
U.S.-Pakistan Women’s Council, Member American University
• Attended numerous events in which significant Pakistani women figures have spoken.
• Reached out to potential speakers to come to American University.
• Mentored girls in Pakistan via the Internet on how to formulate resumes, write professional emails, and network.
COMPUTER SKILLS & INTERNATIONAL EXPERIENCE
Computer: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign, and Adobe Illustrator
Language: English (native proficiency), Spanish (native/bilingual proficiency), Portuguese (minimum professional proficiency).
Study Abroad semester in Brussels: European Union in Action Program. January-May 2017