ALEXA R. HEATHORN
15 Shadow Oak Rd
Danville, CA 94526
A hard working and dedicated recent graduate with a diverse educational background, looking to obtain lab and research experience in hopes to further my skills in the field of Biology/Microbiology.
Bachelor of Science in Marketing August 2020 (Honors)
Clemson University Clemson, SC
Minor in Biological Sciences
Dean’s list: Spring 2018, Fall 2018, Spring 2018, Fall 2019
Abroad: Lorenzo De Medici, Florence, Italy January 2020- March 2020
Courses included (accompanied by labs):
General Biology General Chemistry
Vertebrate Biology Organic Chemistry
Plant Biology Statistics
Lab Skills included:
Plating Chromatography Electrophoresis
Staining Organic synthesis Microscopy
Aseptic technique Titration Dissection
Replica Plating Autoclaving Spectroscopy
Biochemical testing Purification Record Keeping
Charles Krug Winery July 2020-December 2020
Harvest Lab Intern Napa, California
• Strengthened lab skills through performing analysis on samples including determining:
o free sulfur using aeration oxidation
o total sulfur, residual sugars, copper, acetic, lactic, and malic acid concentration and nitrogen content in samples
o pH and titratable acid
o alcohol content
o turbidity (NTU) and phenolics
• Practiced sterilized collection through gathering of samples from vines, tanks, and barrels
• Acquired experience performing primary and secondary juice inoculations with yeast
• Learned to understand when the yeast/juice needed to be fed with nutrients to further the fermentation process and produce more desirable results
• Strengthened team work through depending on lab members performing group tasks
• Gained confidence in working under pressure during the intense and demanding harvest season
• Learned to analyze data and notice when values seemed out of trend
• Furthered data collection and recordation skills through keeping copious records on both paper, excel, and data base mediums
Clemson University Recycling May 2018-August 2018
Social Media Marketing Intern Clemson, SC
• Managed social media accounts including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
• Designed and created posters, signs, and infographics for outreach and informational purposes.
• Conducted bin inventories and audits on campus and in dorm halls.
• Learned about the process of recycling and educated students on its importance.
• Worked with various groups on campus to create the most efficient and effective recycling services for the community.
ACTIVITIES COMMUNITY SERVICE, AND HOBBIES
• Clemson Fellowship of Christian Athletes, member August 2016-December 2019
• Clemson Intramural Sports, participant August 2016-December 2019
• Sigma Alpha Omega Service Fraternity, member August 2017-May 2018
• Clemson Hope, One-on-One Mentor December 2017-August 2019
• HOBBIES: •Running •Hiking •Painting