Avenel, NJ 07001
Phone:------------ | Email: ------------
Portfolio - ------------
Seeking a full-time position to apply my data analytical skills in the data science field.
Rutgers Data Science Bootcamp, Somerset, NJ
● Certificate in Data Analysis and Visualization – May 2020.
Rutgers University – Newark, Newark, NJ
● B.S. in Geology and Environmental Science – October 2015.
Data Analytical Skills
ETL Project - ------------
● Used beautiful soup and pandas (python libraries) to obtain data for the MLB teams and World Series ratings of each year since 1973. The ETL process was demonstrated successfully by obtaining the data, cleaning it, and loading it into the Postgres database.
The Great Recession Web Page - ------------
● Used HTML, CSS, and Bootstrap to create a web page to display the facts about the Great Recession. Stock information was retrieved from Yahoo Finance to show a successful stock and a poor stock during this time period. A stock that was successful was the Dollar Tree Stock, as it rose more than 64.7% during this time. A stock which did poorly was the American Express Stock, as net income fell $651 million.
Machine Learning – Stock Price Trend - ------------
● Used a Random Forest Classification Algorithm to predict whether the closing price from Apple would finish up or down from the day before. Model produced an accuracy of 95%. Classification report metric showed that the model was 100% able to correctly predict a negative down day. The most important feature driving this model was the ‘change_in_price’ column.
Lab Analyst September 2017 – February 2020
Garden State Laboratories Hillside, NJ
● Measured conductance/resistance of drinking waters for all main clients of NJ State of 2+ years.
● Tested the pH of incoming water/sludge samples and completed within the same day holding times.
● Filtered wastewater samples from treatment plants within 48 hours without contamination issues.
● Carried out various solids tests to determine how much solids were present in water in dissolved/suspended forms and was completed within the required 7 days of the sampling dates.
● Digested batches of wastewaters and surface waters to detect the amount of total nitrogen.
YM Basketball League, Piscataway, NJ
● Head Referee and Co-Manager of the League – 2019 Season.
● Responsibilities: Opened and closed the facility, configured game clock, and attended to players concerns.
Edison Township Youth Basketball (ETYB), Edison, NJ
● Head Coach of the High School Boys Recreational Team – 2016 Season.
● Responsibilities: Notified parents of games, scheduled practices, and ensured safe gameplay.
Data Science, Lab Analyst, IT, Excel, Programming