Advocacy/ Research Resume
Japan Exchange and Teaching Program (JET) Kobe, Japan
Assistant Language Teacher August 2018-September 2020
• Worked as an Assistant Teacher of English at elementary and junior high school levels at five public schools in Kobe City.
• Developed interactive lesson plans to engage students at all levels.
• Started an English letter exchange, an English Chat Time club, and hosted the school’s first KICP (International Day) at Harada Junior High School.
Alliance to Save Energy Washington D.C.
Strategic Initiatives Intern May-July 2018
• 50x50 Transportation Initiative: formatted and confirmed references and edited sector baselines. Edited and formatted policy recommendation surveys.
• Attended and reported on relevant Congressional transportation hearings and compiled a list of staffers to engage.
• Crafted minutes for stakeholder meetings and assisted with stakeholder outreach for Transportation and Systems Efficiency Subcommittees
Compiled daily transportation clips and facilitated front office operations.
Office of Congressman Matthew Cartwright (PA-17th) Washington, DC
Intern January – May 2018
• Logged constituent phone calls and crafted response letters, compiled daily news clips, sorted mail, and greeted visitors.
• Conducted research on energy and environmental issues and compiled a natural disaster database.
• Drafted legislative requests, summarizing bills and their district connection, for energy and environmental issues.
• Filed flag and tour requests, welcomed guests to the office, and conducted tours of Capitol Hill for visitors.
Foreign Policy Research Institute Philadelphia, PA
Intern for Professor Jacques De Lisle, Director- Asia Program August 2016-Fall 2017
• Collected sources for and edited scholarly articles on pressing political issues in East Asia, such as South China Seas arbitration issues, US-Taiwan relations, and new international economic institutions in China
• Drafted biographies of scholarly speakers for the Foreign Policy Research Institute Asia 2017 Program
• Summarized speakers’ presentations at events such as the Woodrow Wilson Conference Security Panel
University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Bachelor of Arts 2013-2017
• Majors: Political Science and Global Studies with concentration in Asia; Environmental Studies minor
• Honors: Dean’s List; Phi Beta Kappa; Pi Sigma Alpha, National Political Science Honor Society; Foreign Language Area Studies Fellow
• Organizations: UNC Japan Club: President, Event Coordinator, Secretary
• Study Abroad: Japanese politics, foreign policy, and Japanese language at the Center for Japanese Studies at Nanzan University (Nagoya, Japan Spring 2016)
SKILLS AND INTERESTS
Languages: Intermediate Japanese
Computer Applications: Microsoft Office Suite, Survey Monkey, Fireside 21
Organizations: DC EcoWomen, JET Alumni Association
Interests: Traveling, cooking, and amateur photography.
international relations, environment, energy, research