Katy, TX, 77449
Documentation and reporting
Multi-line phone proficiency
Documentation and control
Communication skills written and spoken
Human resource laws
Policy and procedure modification
Social media knowledge
60 WPM typing speed
Employee training and development
Filing and data archiving
Systematic Administrative Assistant with over three years of experience in fast-paced office settings. Hardworking team-player with expertise completing various clerical tasks and offering staff support. Responsible, punctual and productive professional when working with little to no supervision.
2017-05 - 2020-09 Logistics and Transportation Specialist with Administrative Support Duties
US ARMY, Fort Bliss , TX
• Assisted drivers with documentation, including packing slips, bills of lading and invoices.
• Utilized tracking numbers and bills of lading to determine delivery status.
• Remained aware of weather and traffic conditions and relayed issues to drivers.
• Demonstrated proactive and resourceful nature in solving transportation delays.
• Answered incoming phone calls and developed friendly rapport with callers while answering questions, making recommendations and leading conversations to bookings.
• Worked to maintain outstanding attendance record, consistently arriving to work ready to start immediately.
• Boosted file efficiency and reduced storage space with proactive management of records and elimination of redundancy.
• Kept physical files and digitized records organized for easy updating and retrieval by authorized team members.
• Enhanced collaboration between team members by preparing meeting materials and taking clear notes to distribute to stakeholders.
• Managed multiple projects simultaneously using organizational and analytical skills.
• Carried out administrative tasks by communicating with clients, distributing mail, printing and scanning documents.
• Handled client correspondence and tracked records to foster office efficiency.
• Checked documentation for accuracy and validity on updated systems.
• Assisted team members with administrative requirements by expertly using diverse office software, including MS Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
• Maintained an active security clearance to process sensitive and confidential information
• Maintained composure in stressful situations and continued to provide helpful and kind guest services for fantastic customer satisfaction.
• Maintained 100% accuracy while transcribing sensitive information documents for managers.
• Worked closely with various departments to type, edit and format memos with accurate and informative sensitive information.
• Cut costs by implementing maintenance schedules for military equipment and understanding emergency maintenance protocols.
2015-10 - 2017-04 Retail Associate
Walmart, Irving, TX
• Evaluated customer information to explore issues, develop potential solutions and maintain high-quality service.
• Improved customer satisfaction ratings by addressing issues and fostering timely resolution.
• Provided basic technical support for clients on wide range of company products.
• Collaborated with store management and program leadership to suggest actionable improvements and corrective action plans.
• Recommended items to customers based on specific needs and explained features and benefits.
• Assisted with price verifications and implemented adjustments for discounts or promotions.
• Operated in dynamic, high-volume environments to provide skilled assistance to more than hundred customers each day.
• Maintained clean sales floor and straightened and faced merchandise.
• Utilized exceptional communication to connect with customers, assess needs and present solutions.
• Increased regulatory compliance by accurately completing tasks and adhering to safety regulations.
2016-06 - 2017-02 Merchandise Handler
Amazon, Dallas, TX
• Monitored merchandise for damage and un-saleable or returnable condition to submit damage claims and minimize loss.
• Labeled, stocked and inventoried general merchandise.
• Met or exceeded productivity standards through multitasking to produce desired team and individual results.
• Kept all documentation and records accurate and up-to-date with latest data to prevent errors in processing or delivery.
• Completed physical inventory counts every day.
• Acknowledged hazardous safety issues and contacted supervisor regarding concerns and for quick resolution.
• Used hand-held devices and computers to record and monitor inventory levels and completed audits to uncover and address inaccuracies.
• Diligently examined packages and labels for defects or inaccuracies, decreasing overall packaging mistakes by 60%.
• Processed incoming shipments upon package receipt by scanning boxes and envelopes and using barcode scanners to update system.
2018-11 - 2020-11 Master of Arts: Public Administration
Grand Canyon University - Phoenix, AZ
• Graduated with 3.95 GPA
• Majored in Government and Public Policy
• Coursework includes Human Resources, Budgeting, Economics, Policy Studies etc.
Army Good Conduct Medal recipient
Army Achievement Medal (3)