Private Equity Spring Internship
***Do NOT cold call***
Mikhail Capital is an innovative private equity firm seeking a single company to acquire, actively manage, and grow in the $5-$25 million range. The managing director of Mikhail Capital is a Wharton MBA graduate at the University of Pennsylvania with extensive experience in consulting, venture capital, and entrepreneurship. Previously, he started a $12 million healthcare company that went through the Y Combinator program.
Mikhail Capital is currently seeking Intern Analysts to work at least 20 hours/week remotely beginning January 1, 2017 until mid-May. Intern Analysts will gain experience behind the scenes of an innovative private equity company and learn about how to source and analyze live deals.
Previous interns at Mikhail Capital have received job offers in investment banking, private equity, and private equity consulting after their experiences at the firm.
– Source potential acquisition targets through phone, email, and mail campaigns.
– Analyze potential target companies’ financial statements, business models, and KPIs.
– Summarize analyses and make recommendations both on target industries and individual companies.
– Identify and research specific priority industries.
– Interface regularly with investment bankers, business brokers, and other intermediaries.
– Build and diligently maintain a CRM database.
– Compose and distribute regular newsletters to intermediaries, sellers, and investors.
– Approve and sign non-disclosure agreements.
– Collaborate daily with other Intern Analysts to develop efficient strategies and execute effectively as a team.
– Build financial models.
– Talk daily with the managing director.
– Recruit and train future interns.
– a desire to learn corporate financial statements
– excellent English communication skills, both written and oral
– a relentless tenacity
– an energetic, optimistic attitude
– a business-related major
– at least 2 years of undergraduate education
– experience working in an entrepreneurial environment
*Note* Cold email/LinkedIn messaging is fine, but please DO NOT call. Also, cold messages have no impact on candidacy, as Mikhail Capital's team collectively receives over 40-50 of these outreaches a week. Also, the only acceptable form of application is through a direct message through the barefootstudent website.
private equity Internship, finance, financial modeling