Lead Preschool Teacher
Teacher Job Description
We are seeking someone who loves Jesus and has a heart for early childhood age students. Friend-Ship Preschool is committed to providing a faith rich environment, playful experiences and learning. The teacher is responsible for the planning and teaching of the daily program for children (ages 3 and 4) and reports to the Preschool Board.
• Early childhood education experience and teaching degree preferred.
• Background check required
• Create and maintain an environment that is organized, engaging, and responsive to each child’s developmental and learning needs.
• Plan, direct, and evaluate activities that promote key curriculum goals for the spiritual, social, cognitive, physical, and emotional growth of each child.
• Integrate Bible teachings and faith-based songs into daily activities.
• Respond appropriately to the children’s behaviors, needs, and problems.
• Take responsibility for the upkeep of all equipment, materials, and supplies.
• Maintain records and observations of progress for each child’s growth.
• Communicate appropriately with parents and conduct conferences as scheduled by the preschool.
• Work with parents to promote cooperation in their child’s learning, understanding of child development, and participation in the program.
• Ensure the safety of children always.
• Demonstrate and use knowledge of developmentally appropriate techniques for management of children, daily program operation, and child assessment.
• Demonstrate knowledge of planning, conducting, and evaluating a developmentally appropriate curriculum.
• Develop new ideas, techniques, and skills through training or professional workshops.
• Maintain punctuality and dependability in work hours. (8 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Monday-Friday during the school year)
• Notify the pastor of late arrival or absence.
• Use time management to effectively meet job expectations.
• Work with all other staff members in a cooperative manner.
• Supervise teaching assistants and assign responsibilities.
• Attend all preschool staff meetings.
• Participate in required functions sponsored by the preschool and in optional functions when possible.
• Report immediately all problems with children, parents, or classroom management to the preschool board.
• Effectively represent the preschool to visitors, prospective clients, and parents.
• Follow the policies and procedures of the preschool.
• Support the mission of the preschool.
Interested individuals should send a letter of application and resume to ------------
Preschool, teacher, Christian, early childhood