Laura Pappas- Seeking Summer Legal Internship
Laura Elena Pappas
University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California
Juris Doctor, expected May 2020
Honors: Honor Scholarship
Activities: Business Law Society, Intellectual Property Society, Sports and Entertainment Law Society, and San Diego County Bar Association.
The University of San Diego, San Diego, California
Bachelor of Arts in Political Science, January 2016
Minor in Environmental Studies
Global Business Strategy Certification, USD School of Business, January 2015
Activities: Be Green: Environmental Organization
San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program, San Diego, CA September 2017-Present
HIV/AIDS Legal Clinic Volunteer
• Interview and assist clients under the supervision of an attorney.
Global Livingston Institute, Kampala, Uganda
Research Assistant May 2017-September 2017
• Interviewed regional leaders for the implementation of a sustainable agriculture co-operative.
• Compiled data, and analyzed regional feasibility for the program.
• Collaborated with the CEO to design an electronic campaign to engage potential and existing donors.
UBER, Los Angeles, California
Supply Operations Specialist June 2016-May 2017
• Oversaw onboarding of drivers, and analyzed regional platform usage.
• Communicated between engineering and marketing department to develop a text-messaging database.
• Processed high levels of communication with partners using Salesforce and various communication methods.
TOMS, Los Angeles, California
Community and Events Manager July 2015-June 2016
• Managed weekly events to engage the community and non-profit partners with TOMS products.
• Met with local and non-profit partners to develop multiple on-and-off site workshops and events.
• Provided quality metrics and sales data to headquarters as the liaison between retail and corporate.
AGYDSA Corporate, Guadalajara, Mexico
Developmental Intern June 2014-July 2014
• Researched the benefit of renewing the “Clean Plant” environmental certification.
• Communicated with corporate clients to provide detailed analysis of environmental compliance.
Sustainable Settings, Carbondale, Colorado
Sustainability Intern June 2013-July 2013
• Researched strategic methods of sustainable agriculture and product creation.
Interests and Activities
San Diego World Affairs Council, Avid traveler, and Core-Power Yoga Teacher Certified.
Summer, Legal, Internship, entertainment law