Tutor, Instructional Asst, Admin. Asst
Seeking a Tutor/Clinician position with Therapeutic Literacy Center that will allow for exceptional people, organizational and communication skills.
Bachelor of Arts in Human Development, Health Services Concentration, 2016.
California State University San Marcos, San Marcos, CA
• Introduction to Communication Sciences and Disorders
• Clinical Phonetics
•Language and Development for Practitioners
• Administration in Human Service Settings
• Gender, Race and Class in Contemporary Societies
• Developmental Psychology
• Diversity and Discrimination
Instructional Aide II – Mild/Moderate, Special Education (Part-Time: 9am – 2:30pm, Mon.-Fri.)
Solana Santa Fe Elementary School, Solana Beach School District / April 2018 – June 2018; Fall 2018
• Assist Special Education teachers achieve teaching objectives by working with individuals, small groups, supervising the playground and assisting with the preparation of classroom materials.
Tutor / Teacher’s Assistant
Kumon Math and Reading Center, Solana Beach, CA / August 2016 – May 2017.
• Worked with students to help them develop independent study skills while advancing their abilities in mathematics and language arts. Graded assignments and entered data into database.
Tutor / Case Management (Internship)
Escondido Education COMPACT, a Non-Profit, Escondido, CA / June 2016 – September 2016.
• Worked with diverse ethnic and socio-economic populations; assisted at-risk youth aged 16 – 24 with academic support, tutoring, and job search; performed case management and office administration.
Healthy Families, Supplemental Education Services Co., Escondido, CA / March 2016 - May 2016.
• Tutored multicultural student population in 1 – 6 grades in language arts, reading, and mathematics; tracked student progress and created progress reports for parents and company.
Volunteer Tutor - “Everyone a Reader” program, (San Marcos Elementary and Pioneer Elementary)
Migrant Education, S. D. County Office of Education, San Marcos, CA / October 2015 - March 2016.
• Tutored elementary school students with diverse learning needs and cultural backgrounds.
Program Secretary, San Diego County Office of Ed., San Marcos, CA Dec. 2006 – Aug. 2007
Customer Service Representative, Phoenix Footwear Inc., Carlsbad, CA Mar. 2004 – Dec. 2004
COMPUTER SKILLS: Microsoft Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel; PeopleSoft; FileMaker Pro.